Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a shop change my front sprocket down to a 14 tooth.
I now notice that there is humming sound?
It that a product of the change?

thanks for your advice:eek:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Since the diameter of the front sprocket is smaller now, the chain is probably sliding on the chain guide. I have the same issues. I guess the only solution would be to be change rear sprocket. This would elevate the chain a bit thus it should prevent chain from sliding on guide.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since the diameter of the front sprocket is smaller now, the chain is probably sliding on the chain guide. I have the same issues. I guess the only solution would be to be change rear sprocket. This would elevate the chain a bit thus it should prevent chain from sliding on guide.
yeah, I think you are right.

the hum doesn't seem to be as annoying now
i must be getting use to it!!???

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi...i love the 14t too. i changed it just before the 1000k service bcos i was frustrated with the spluttering at lo speed (occupational hazard in bangkok!)...had termis done...then asked them to switch back to the 15t sprocket when i had the service....just to experiment...and frikken hated it.

took baby straight back to the garage and had the 14t done....just feels so much smoother. dont care about top speed....cant get it over 150km in thailand anyway! the 14t gearing just brings the bike to life.

dont hear a humming sound btw

1 - 6 of 6 Posts