Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help--

I just re-checked my chain tension and saw I had driven around town for about 5 miles with only ~10mm of slack.

I am panicking! How much damage did I likely do?

I stayed in first and second gear, not pulling too hard around San Francisco, with the exception of one small power-wheelie in 1st (I have a 944 kit and went up a tooth on the rear sprocket, so it was a quick throttle blip).

Any advice? I'm nervous, because I'm getting ready to take a long road trip. If I've shot myself in the foot pretty hard, I would rather remedy now -- I don't want to get stranded in the middle of western Utah.

Tigre

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
It lives!

You've been awfully quiet!

Chill Steve. They're not that easy to break.

I had my alignment off for a while before my 12k. BCM changed both sprockets, the front sprocket plate and my chain. Doh! But nothing serious.

Speaking of Tigres, how 'bout the Sigfried and Roy thing? And the guy in NYC with a pet tiger. He moved out of the apartment when it got too big to handle and was throwing raw chicken in through the door when it ripped him!

You still handling Tirgre ok I hope?

S

·
0 Posts
for just a couple miles, you should be fine. you've probably worked a couple miles of wear off your chain and sprockets, but i doubt you've done any appreciable damage to the motor. if you think that's bad, a buddy of mine has his tr!umph TT's chain on so tight after installing a rear sprocket that it "hummed" down the road. umm... fortunately, he only went down the street and back before the terribly obvious was noticed!

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

I should have posted that under a pseudonym or something--embarrassing.

Anyway, things are good. Tigre still hasn't been fully patched up since the crash in June, but it was all pretty minor stuff, aside from some obvious scratches on the clear plastic of the windscreen.

Getting ready to hit the road for a week and a half--try to hit the rockies, then down to LA and back up on PCH. Pretty ambitious, but I can log some serious miles if I want.

Hope allo is well back east. How's the foliage?

Steve

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Hey, Tigre, give us a shout on the SCMHA forum before you get to LA. Love to meet up, maybe you can hook in on one of our rides.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts