Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it finally happened. I let the maintenance go on my chain and as such, the rear srocket is in definite need of replacing. So I am going to be buying a chain and sprockets.

What I need from you folks, is some advice on what sprocket brands I should avoid. I have always gone AFAM, Sunstar, and Sprocket Specialties. But I have seen a few good deals that I may want to take advantage of. So let me know what names in the final drive world I should avoid.

Thanks.

Ryan

PS any advice ASAP would be great. I need to get it doen by next week so that I can continue to ride while my fiancee is up in South Dakota at her parents house.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
get the JT steel sprocket (~30bucks) and DML-DID chain from CA cycleworks. mine have been running strong for around 10K.

steel should last longer. [thumbsup]

G

·
I went through 2 aluminum sprockets from sprocket specialties. And by "went through" I mean that the teeth broke off the rear sprocket suddenly and didn't wear off over time. There was some wear going on and both times it did happen with a few thousand miles on them, but still, the teeth breaking off! :mad:

here are some pics of w new one compared to an old one. The "new" one did the same thing a few thousand miles (less than 3,500 or so) later.

My rear sprocket on my bike right now is a steel one from CA cycleworks. It is doing great. It weighs more but I don't have to worry about the teeth breaking off.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.