Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The little CF bikinin fairing and the front CF fender are starting to look a little worn. Anybody have any suggestions on a good carbon fibre polish? My m900 is a cromo, so I don't have any painted surfaces to wax, I just need to polish the CF stuff. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Never heard of any, but in composite school they told us that Carbon fiber is very easy to damage via UV rays. I try and keep all my cf covered and not exposed to sunlight if possible. Also some wax or spray with some sort of UV protection will help. I clean mine with pledge funiture polish. Not that that helps but a fender of mine did get hurt by the sun once and pledge funiture polish did make it look a little better.

R

·
0 Posts
s100 makes some nice polish stuff.
i used it on my past bikes and it has always held up really well.

it also seemed to work very well on all the carbon fiber stuff i had on my cbr.

just my $0.02.

H

·
0 Posts
I have had good luck with 3M Glaze that I've bought at a local body shop supply house. It really takes care of the "hazing" on plastic parts. Just be sure to follow up with a couple of coats of something with a UV inhibitor.

H

·
0 Posts
I'll have to try that Rain-X wax, I think I collect waxes more than anything else when I am looking for something in the garage.

I think the buffing compound is very similar to the Hand Glaze, but I believe the Glaze has a different abrasive.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Troyslap of this board is experianced in refinishing carbon surfaces. Seems to happen pretty fast if your bike is out at all. From what he says, you can do a nice job yourself.

Regards,
Rideon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts