Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
::)Anybody had the head light case replaced to carbon fiber? how's the result? good or bad?
Thanks!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've done the DP headlight bucket and made my own CF mounts. The set up looks great. The weight saveings are OK, maybe 50% over stock at best, I didn't weigh them, so I'm judging by feel. If you're main concern is dropping weight, there are better ways to spend the money. If esthetics are as or more important to you as shaving weight off, then it would be worth it. The only problem I had was when the retainer ringwas put on the bucket, it kept popping off. The problem was solved using black silicone sealer around the ring and clearing off the excess before it dried. I'll try and uplosd some pics if you want, but may not be able to until Sunday or Monday.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ! I am looking forward for the pix.
another question is about under the seat what are those black plastic box for ?can I get rid of them? :-/

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think your talking about the breather box which is where the oil that is vaporized and pushed up through the breather valve, that's round piece just behind the rear cylinder with the hose, condences and either drips back down into the crank-case of is sucked into the air box and burned up in the cylinders. If the box in question is connected to the breather with one hose and the airbox with the other that's your answer. If not, then I'm not sure as I have a different model.
If it is the breather box You can remove it but you'll need to install a filter over the breather valve (@$30) and plug the hole left in the airbox. There are mixed opinions as to wether it's worth it or not. I keep mine connected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts