Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a difference in the type of belly pans?
I have seen pics of belly pans in which the exhaust pipe/header is sticking out from the bottom and those that don't. Also, some extend further back than others. Strati lists a race version. Is there a difference?

R.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i'm not expert (but i play one on tv) but i think "race" versions have a provision to catch slight oil spills while others are purely eye candy. Spare shack sells the one that goes all the way back to the rear tire and looks the best I think.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I have the DP "full" carbon bellypan. It covers the entire bottom side of the engine and has a decent size drain hole on the bottom. My guess is that if you plug up the hole it should be a valid bellypan for a track day...

·
Registered
588 Posts
R,
I think you've got a very valid point. I don't know about you, but i'm always bashing my exhaust pipe on Speed Humps (not sure if that's what you guys call em) even before i lowered my front end.

A fully enclosed faring that covers the pipe would certainly be no good to me.

Will keep an eye on your post, as i'm shopping for one as well.

Good Luck.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe someone can post pic s of differnet pans please ?

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
I have a used DP CF one for sale in excellent condition. It has a couple very light scratches on the bottom right such that my insurance co saw fit to buy me a new one

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
ahh...motowheels...

$250

I do however like in that catalog the integrated rear cowl with the side panels...now that looks sharp

hey, do you by chance have a Ohlins rear that you scratched and which your insruance replaced ? ;) ;)
I forgot to add, my price is negotiable ::)

On that

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Correct me If I'm wrong but Spareshack.com prices are listed in Euro? The CF belly pan lists at $129 US if so!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
euro man, but the US dollar is getting killed these days.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know. Was buying troy ounces of gold which had a $10-15 increase when the US decreased but it went down to it's normal status. Perfect opportunity to buy more though.

R.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Spareshack prices are listed in pounds that is the fancy L shape. it is about 2 dollars to a pound now. Euros are a fancy E.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts