Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CF bars. OK I've heard lots of diff. opinions on CF bars. They break easy and splinter. I've got a free set and want to know if they are worth installing.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
I've thought about them too..

I have had the same handlebars on my mountain bike for about 10 years withouth any issues at all. These probably take more of a beating than any road motorcycle bars...And I used to ride without suspension forks until 3 years ago.. (old school...)

These are carbon wrapped over thin aluminium tube... they're stiff and light as hell. I bought them because waaaay long ago a magazine (probably Mountain Biking) did a stress test on mountain bike bars and these broke the testing machine... every other bar (all alum. or all CF) snapped at some point, except for the ones I got.. they're made by a company called "Nuke Proof". I don't think they're around anymore.

Anyway, I was wondering if there was anything similar out there for my Monster.. I'm sure the right design will work just fine, but I'd be careful about getting carbon bars just to get some more CF on the bike....

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup. I have a set of DP clip ons with the removable 7/8 bars. I was going to replace the bars w/ CF. I wanted to see if the weight would change the front steering any.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts