Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cesar, how are you getting along? Can we start telling funny jokes here? ;)

Actually, I'm wondering how your family accepted the incident. Will you be allowed to keep riding after you're feeling better? Have you reached the point where you can look at the bike to decide what repairs it will need? It was more than a month before I was ready to closely examine my Monster after I wrecked it. Of course, by then I was also looking for a new bike.

We hope you're healing well.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thanks Scott-
Yea, you can start telling jokes now...I'll pop another Vicodin ;)
On Monday I indicated that I needed a shower. My daughter asked if she could help. I asked 'how'? She said, 'well, you could get in your swim trunks and I could hose you off with the shower hose." She was seriously trying to come up with a way to help but the mental picture was hillarious to me! I froze there choking down the laughter but all she could see was the tears streaming down my face. 'What's wrong dad?' Then she realized I was in PAIN trying not to laugh. So she left the room to not incite me any more. A couple of minutes later she peeked back in and we both started rolling. God that HURT! But it was worth it. A lot of pent up emotions that will need to be expressed as time/recovery allows. Kim totally lost it when we went to see Paul Leuty who went down the same day and was at San Jose Medical.

No, there will be no restrictions on riding. My family knows what riding means to me and that I am as responsible as I can be around that. Kim was Very impressed with the way the group came around me to support and help. She is impressed with the quality of character that you all display. (Man, do we have her fooled ;D)

I hope to be weaned off of Vicodin tomorrow and on to ibuprophen.
I got my xrays from Stanford so my chiropractor can treat me. My digestion is good and I'm more and more mobil every day.

I did look at my bike. I'm already bidding on parts on eBay. The LF panel might be the most difficult to find. I might have to repair it. We'll see.

I'll miss seeing you guys :'( I'll keep you posted here.
Cesar.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Cesar it's good to know that you are in good spirit in spite of the pain. I thank the Lord that you are ok, cause it could have been much worst. I am glad your family is very understanding about your riding ; Man if it would be me, I would have kiss my motorcycle diding goodbye.
Take care Cesar and will see you soon
Juan

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Hey Cesar, glad to hear you're doing well. You have a wise family ;). I'm looking forward to riding with you again, once you're able to laugh properly!

·
Registered
316 Posts
As of Friday I'm off of Vicodin and on to ibuprophen. I can drive now!
I was looking at my xrays with Daffe at his office. They made me sad and scared. As I suspected, I broke my ribs right at the edge of my back protector. It would indicate to me that without the back protector, I would have broken my vertebae :'(. 'Y'all wear your gear now, hear?'
I went in search of new gear today-re: window shopping!
Like Scott, I'm looking at leather now. My textile suit proved great at 35mph, but you know me :).
I'm going over to see my friend who's home now after surgery. Did I tell you that he got poison oak on top of it all? Jesus.
Cesar.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Scott-
So where's the funny jokes?
Bring'em on!
Cesar.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scott-
So where's the funny jokes?
Bring'em on!
Cesar.
I've been too busy lately. I drove more than 2000 miles over the weekend so that I could be present at my daughter's graduation from college and I'm still getting caught up. I'll see if I can track down a few good ones...

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
...how many mice does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

...two
....but how they got in there is beyond me.

ba, dum...tsch.

mb

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Irish Drunken Joke

Late one Friday night the policeman spotted a man driving very erratically through the streets of Dublin. They pulled the man over and asked him if he had been drinking that evening.

"Aye, so I have. 'Tis Friday, you know, so me and the lads stopped by the pub where I had six or seven pints. And then there was something called "Happy Hour" and they served these mar-gar-itos which are quite good. I had four or five o' those. Then I had to drive me friend Mike home and O' course I had to go in for a couple of Guiness - couldn't be rude, ye know. Then I stopped on the way home to get another bottle for later .." And the man fumbled around in his coat until he located his bottle of whiskey, which he held up for inspection.

The officer sighed, and said, "Sir, I'm afraid I'll need you to step out of the car and take a breathalyzer test."

Indignantly, the man said, "Why? Don't ye believe me?"

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another blonde joke

A blonde female police officer pulls over a blonde gal for speeding. She walks up to the car and asks the blond for her driver's license. The blonde driver searches through her purse in vain. Finally she asks, "What does it look like?" The blonde police officer tells her,
"It's that thing with your picture on it."

The blonde driver searches for a few more seconds, pulls out her compact, opens it and sure enough sees herself. She hands the compact to the blonde cop.

After a few seconds looking at the compact, the blonde cop rolls her eyes, hands the compact back to the blonde convertible driver and says, "If you would have told me you were a police officer when I first pulled you over, we could have avoided this whole thing."

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Another blonde joke

A Dent joke:

A blonde gets a ding in her car. She takes it to the body shop. The guy there, seeing as she's a blonde, decides to have some fun. He tells her that all she has to do is blow really hard into the tailpipe and that dent will pop right out.

She goes home and after the car has cooled, starts huffing and puffing into the tailpipe, but nothing happens. Her roommate, also a blonde, comes home and asks her what the heck she's doing. The first blonde tells the second the story and the second one says, "Well, DUH, you have to roll up the windows first!"

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
A blonde and a brunette were sitting at a bar, and on the TV was the 10 o'clock news. Shown was a man, standing on a bridge threatening to jump.

The brunette says to the blonde, "$10 says he jumps"
"You're on!" replies the blonde.

A few minutes pass, and.....he jumps.

The blonde sighs, and digs in her purse for a $10.

"Keep your money," says the brunette, "I saw this story on the 6 o'clock news, I knew he was going to jump."

The blonde hands the $10 to the brunette, saying "Yeah, I saw that too. But I didn't think he'd do it again!"

-MB

·
Registered
571 Posts
What goes blonde, brunette,blonde, brunette,blonde, brunette,blonde, brunette,blonde, brunette,blonde, brunette......Ouch........

A naked blonde doing cartwheels.....

;D :eek: ::)

·
Registered
99 Posts
CO,

Just checked back on the DML for the first time since I sold my Monster and I read about what must have been a bad incident. Thank your lucky stars-- I wish you the best and may you be back in the saddle soon!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thanks fearlu-
I've been back to work the past 6 days. Boy, am I stiff! Really sore and tender in my left shoulder area. But it's getting better day by day. I'm still looking to fix the fiberglass and plastic.
On top of it all, I had to recouperate from the laughing I did after reading those jokes. You guys came through with some good ones!
Cesar. ;D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts