Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if there are any certified ducati techs around the austin, san antonio area besides the dealers. my 6k service is coming up soon and i'm lookin to save a little money.

·
Registered
141 Posts
this was posted in the suspension topic from last month by ScottR.

"Call Bob at Premier Motorcycle at 822-4944. He specializes in Ducatis and replaced a shock on mine. His place is on Boardwalk off Broadway."

M-
let me know if he can help. my next service is coming up soon.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info.
i'm gonna check out warranty issues before i do anything, but i'll let you know what's going on.
when's the next ride?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm curious to know if any of the guys at KC are certified....wasn't Kevin the only mechanic?

I'm ready to ride, but it's way to cold & wet out for my skinny butt.
I've seen you scootin' up fredericksburg rd a couple times while i had my heater blazin.
I honked at you once, but you wouldn't know me from Adam in my truck.

I've been using the off time to catch up on some mods.
chopped the tail, replaced the rear turn signals w/rizomas. pulled the rear hugger/fender thingie off. replaced the clear faring screen w/a smoke color.
Ordered a CF hi-mount slip on kit. Haven't put it on yet. I'm thinkin' I'll pull all the pipes & send them in to get ceramic coated matte black.
one more step in my goal to make this baby as dark as possible.

let me know what you find out.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn you've been busy! bike's probably sweet lookin [thumbsup]
the next, and probably last thing i'm getting (for now)are cf low mounts, but that might not be until summer or even fall. i got some crg's which are much better than the stock(aesthetically and functionally). i have found the one drawback of the chopped tail:if it's wet enough, massive rooster tail on my backpack. oh well, i still dig it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
awesome to see you guys using your time wisely. sunday is supposed to be nice so maybe we can ride then. i'd like to see all the darkness on your bike man, if you need help putting that exhaust on just let me know. so you like those crgs ricky? i'm still on the fence between those and the monstrak ones that sa has.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
personal preference i guess.
the crg mirrors are pretty pricey (120 a piece) and i don't know how much the others are. but i think they're worth the money. no vibration at all and there's more of an area visible peripheral-wise, but objects are further than they appear. i also think the bar ends make the motorcycle look more aggressive since it's kinda hard for the rider to in my case. :)
like i said, personal preference. if anything you can get cheap bar ends from a bicycle store here in town (third-eye bar end bicycle mirrors 7-8 dollars a piece) and see if they're for you. if not, you're only out a few bucks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I really like my monstrak mirrors. they have zero vibration and no visual distortion...you just have to lift your arm a bit to see anything.
If I could go back & do it again, I would still buy them.
I don't thing they would look as good on clip-ons though....they kinda hit opposite angles.
if...I mean, when I go to clip-ons, I will probably buy bar-ends/ I agree that it has a more aggressive look to it.

I appreciate the offer to help with the pipes, but I'll probably just take it to the shop & let them do it.
with the weather we've been having, & my house not having a garage, I don't want to be wrestling with some of those bolts on my driveway.
It will be worth it to drop the bike off & let someone w/ a stand & jack do it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
yeah, i want to see both of your mirrors and see which ones i like more. i'll probably stay away from the clip-ons for a while as i suck at riding still and want to get that down before i change ergos. anyhow thats cool for you to have a shop do it, its not hard at all with the most basic of tools so make sure they don't charge you out the wazoo for it, unless money ain't a thing. good luck, see you guys soon.

K

·
0 Posts
hey guys, just checkin in to see whats new. no certified techs in SA as far as i know. from the people ive talked to, bob would be the guy to take it to. mark at kc is very good, but he is moving back to cleveland in two weeks. talk to him to see if he could get it done before he leaves.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
damn, it appears people are jumping ship at that place. what the **** is goin on? it's a drag not having a stable/reliable dealer. is matt still there?
i'm just looking for a place where i can maybe catch a break on price for services and also preserve my warranty.
there's a gathering taking place the first weekend of may near medina. monsters from all around are gonna meet at a ranch or something like it for the weekend. should be cool.
hope the homefront is well. speaking of, how's yr bike after it's unfortunate spill?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts