Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been lacking in my dirt bike riding due to one simple reason, all my riding buddies are gone.
Got married, had kids, moved away etc etc.
So if anyone has a desire to tear up the woods let me know. I ususally go out to 5A or Ocala forest after the hunting season. I don't wanna be part of the " hey look Jimbo I shot me a dirt bike deer."
If you don't have a dirt bike, get you one, their a lot of fun.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
I know of two (possibly ex-) New Yorkers down at Wyotech with their dirt bikes and sportbikes looking for Duc people to hang with!

One former DMLr "Voltron", had 2 monsters previously. Now he has a Kawi 636.

I'll try to shoot him an email. Chris (voltron) just called 2001Cromo (terry) sunday night telling us about how bored they are down there, and wanted to know if there were any Ducati hang outs in FL.

-michelle

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Industrial_Grrrl said:
I know of two (possibly ex-) New Yorkers down at Wyotech with their dirt bikes and sportbikes looking for Duc people to hang with!

I'll try to shoot him an email. Chris (voltron) just called 2001Cromo (terry) sunday night telling us about how bored they are down there, and wanted to know if there were any Ducati hang outs in FL.

-michelle
That would be awesome,

They can definitely join in the rides, I just don't like running through the woods alone.
Kinda scary with the ******** and all...

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Industrial_Grrrl said:

-michelle
tell them to start doing liver exercises, if they are going to meet up with motogpfan.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I got my BRP, XR650L. I just can't get into riding in sand though. Nothing but sand. I miss the hills and trails back in the midwest. Good old dirt. If you know of a place that isn't all sand I'd be up for that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm over in Clearwater but typically ride MX out at the Bartow or Lakeland tracks. I sometimes head down to Sunshine in St. Pete but have also gone as far as Waldo. I've ridden Crooms but the last time I was there, I ended up shattering my right collar bone into 4 pieces. If you are looking for more, hit up thumpertalk.com's South East forum. There is a pretty decent group of guys over there that are always hitting up the area tracks and trails.

·
Registered
33 Posts
lrutt said:
I got my BRP, XR650L. I just can't get into riding in sand though. Nothing but sand. I miss the hills and trails back in the midwest. Good old dirt. If you know of a place that isn't all sand I'd be up for that.
If you don't mind a decent drive for some great riding, check this place out in Georgia: http://www.durhamtown.com/

Go out to thumpertalk.com and do some searches on it in the SouthEast forum. Lots of info on the place. It would make a great weekend trip.

If you had an MX bike and not a trail bike, I would recommend Lakeland or Waldo. Both of those places have really nice dirt.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lrutt said:
5A isnt too bad once you get past the 4wheeler ******** with no gear. Lots of up and down shell hills. It's fun.
Ocala is nice too, just have to find the right trails

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
We're right here in Orlando with ya. Doc and Redline are dirt novices with an XR250 and CRF230. We're slow and not too experienced, but getting better. We finally found a house and move in this weekend. We hope to start riding in the dirt again real soon.
Doc

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doc said:
We're right here in Orlando with ya. Doc and Redline are dirt novices with an XR250 and CRF230. We're slow and not too experienced, but getting better. We finally found a house and move in this weekend. We hope to start riding in the dirt again real soon.
Doc
sounds good, I'm a little rusty myself,now is the perfect weather for it..

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I'm up for a ride sometime. My bike is plated so I can ride short distance to a place. Wouldn't want to ride it to Ocala though.

Where is 5A?

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
motogpfan,

We have to hook up sometime. I have a BMW f 650 and a lot of Advrider friends here in FL. I'm finding some stuff up in the ONF that you can pick the range of difficulty you want to ride after you swap info with a few folks.

PM me or ping on this thread

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lrutt said:
I'm up for a ride sometime. My bike is plated so I can ride short distance to a place. Wouldn't want to ride it to Ocala though.

Where is 5A?
it's off of I95, one exit north of Mims US46.

It's private property but there are 20 to 50 bikes out there every weekend..

Mark1305 said:
motogpfan,

We have to hook up sometime. I have a BMW f 650 and a lot of Advrider friends here in FL. I'm finding some stuff up in the ONF that you can pick the range of difficulty you want to ride after you swap info with a few folks.

PM me or ping on this thread
I still have your # in my phone, I'll call you this weekend

1 - 13 of 13 Posts