Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can find written instructions on installing a DP centerstand? I just got one and no directions. I'm sure I can figure it out but I feel better having a sheet to refer to.
Any help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
I put one on a few weeks ago and the same deal - no instructions.

From memory I installed the sidestand side plate first then inserted the legs in, then put the right side plate on.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Would someone with a centerstand like to crawl underneath the bike and take photos of how it is attached?

One of these days I'm going to reinstall the centerstand that came with my ST2. (Right after I fix the brake light and replace the headlight.) It would be nice if I didn't have to do too much guessing to figure out how it goes on.
=====Edit: not a good enough proof reader=====

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm with Scott, a couple of close-ups would help alot.
Thanks Bing for the info.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
I'll get down soon and take a couple of snaps of the mounts. By the way I forgot to mention that if your chain is adjusted so the wheel closest to the motor there may be clearance issues with the stand crossbrace and the tyre. I've used a cable tie to hold the stand down a couple of millimetres until the chain stretches out a little. A new tyre at this point would foul the brace.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone else have any pics or wisdom?

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Mark, sounds like Bing is going to take some pics so I'll just pass along a tip. What I did with my centerstand was to adjust the chain normally (bike on side stand) then put the bike on the centerstand and checked the chain. Now I know what it should be adjusted to. Can't help on the install, though. I had the dealer put mine on while the bike was being serviced. Good luck.

Eddie

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
What do centerstands run? That's one thing I've missed from my last bike, a Honda CB1000.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think mine was $165 or so.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Mine was $222.25!!! :eek: :eek: What a rip to pay for something that should be on a freakin' bike anyway!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts