Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have any experience with this company's seat upgrade?

here is an Ebay link to the product. I am thinking of giving it a try. My Corbin is OK, but I want better comfort and my stock seat is just hanging on the wall doing nothing.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Looks like they have some unique technology.

I think it's worth a try, our choices are really slim for Monsters.

S

·
0 Posts
looks kinda snazzy, but first i think it would be worth (if you're slicing/dicing up your stock seat anyways) taking it to a local furniture repair shop and have the pan resculpted/apholstered. you might find some decent options locally for less $$$...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hot spots. Is that like "monkey butt?" ;D Finger, I think you should take the bullet and try it out for all of the DML'rs. ;D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Cee Bailey's makes windshields for airplanes. One of the owners ???(not sure) is a biker, he rides BMWs. They started making very high quality windscreens for the bmw rt's.

They have an excellent reputation with the BMW folks and they stand behind their products.

Seats though? This is something new for them.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Hot spots. Is that like "monkey butt?" ;D Finger, I think you should take the bullet and try it out for all of the DML'rs. ;D
Monkey butt is the result of too many hours of hot spots. :p

Yeah, Finger, c'mon, take the bullet for us. You'll be our hero! ;)

M

·
0 Posts
I have the Cee Bailey seat on my F650GS, with the heated option. Sweet seat, and the heat is great in weather like we have no in the NE. The memory foam is a great addition to the GS seat. I have a Sargent seat on my monster, and on another BMW (k100) and like them also. Have tried a couple of Corbins, but don't like the weight.

MotRid
03 M800
02 F650GS
00 Sportster
00 Vulcan 800
85 K100
75 CB400F

S

·
0 Posts
i love their seat. I also have a corbin on my other bike, and do not like it as much.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I noticed they use vicso-elastic foam in their seat (aka, memory foam). I work in the mattress industry and many manufacturers use this type of foam in their beds. They even make pillows out of them. Although it is a super comfortable foam (I have a memory foam pillow) I would be wary of a seat made out of this material as it is a heat sensitive foam. I would be worried about whether it can retain it's shape during a long ride or after sitting in the hot sun for a few hours. I see that motrid has one of their seats, though, so he might be able to give us better info on how the seat holds up!

Given my choice though, I would love a seat made out of latex! This is currently the "popular" foam in the mattress world. The elasticity of pure latex makes it super durable, but it could be expensive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts