Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to have a bit of a ride up here in the Catskills and hit my favorite roads. If you're interested in coming along, post up and let me know where you're coming from so we can sort out a meet point. First place that springs to mind is Woodstock (the town that is). Everyone's welcome as long as you know how to ride within your limits and respectfully in a group.

Tentative meet point would be here (Bradley Medows shopping center): http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&z=17&ll=42.038648,-74.113233&spn=0.004622,0.00927&om=1

There's some shops there with a large car park so no problem parking. If people aren't coming too far we could make it 10/10:30 but it's about a 2 hour ride (just over 90 miles if you're interested) from NYC.

Anyway, like I said, post up and let me know.

G

·
Would like to roll with you folks again but unfortunately I'm booked up all weekend. I'll catch you all on the next one. (That's if we have any left...)

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
i might be interested... starting point is a bit far for me but i havent been on a long ride since my track day. im in jersey (livingston). how long of a day were you thinking? any planned routes yet?

Vinny

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry you can't make it E.

I have the route planned out, actually, it will vary depending on how long people want to hang out, the variations are also planned out. 2 to 5 hours I would say, some of it will be cruising because the leaves are on the ground now so we may need to take it a little easy in some sections. The routes would be different depending on whether we need a different meet point. We could meet up in Ellenville if people would prefer. Whatever works basically.

I'll be riding, if it doesn't get up over 40 all day then I might reconsider otherwise, it's on. ;)

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, the meet point is going to be in Woodstock or in Ellenville, I'll get to either place for 10am and then we ride. :) Let me know where you want to meet and we'll go from there.

Ellenville meet spot:
28a
Old rt-28
Ohayo Mtn Rd
Broadview Rd
Yerry Hill Rd
Tinker St
Wittenberg Rd
Glenford Wittenberg Rd
Ohayo Mtn Rd
Woodstock -> food

Woodstock meet spot:
Old rt-28
Ohayo Mtn Rd
Broadview Rd
Yerry Hill Rd
Tinker St
Wittenberg Rd
Glenford Wittenberg Rd
Ohayo Mtn Rd
28a
Acorn Hill Rd
Krumville Rd (Maybe)
Mohonk Rd
New Paltz -> food

Bye bye. ;)

I'm going to be out tomorrow too if anyone wants to help me look for cool roads. ;) If you're coming Sunday or you want to catch up tomorrow PM me your number and we'll sort it out, let me know here somewhere which meet point will work for you.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, meet point is Ellenville at 10am. Stands up at 10:30. We're going to meet at the Stewart's on the corner of 209 & 52. It's here.

Everyone's welcome, just make sure you let me know if you're not going to make it by 10:30, otherwise we will be leaving. :)

I did some scouting today so I have some other fun roads around here to check out. Just remember that it's going to be pretty chilly and that there are leaves down so take it easy.

See you guys tomorrow. :)

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually, you missed us by maybe 30 minutes, we hung around a little longer than we were expecting. Shame we didn't see you dude, you could have crashed like the other two guys. :( Kevin & Vin are both fine but crashing is never good. It's not my fault, really! :(

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Sorry to hear that those guys went down. After my 45 min ride home at 3 am, I couldnt bring myself to get up at 8. I dont think I was thawed out yet either. How long into fall/winter is everyone planning on riding?

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't feel guilty mate, it's all good. :) Glad you enjoyed yourself. Their bikes got some minor damage but they were still running. These were separate incidents by the way. Pretty cool route right? :)

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
EvilSteve said:
you could have crashed like the other two guys.
[laugh]  Yeah...  I can laugh because everyone rode away and bikes can get fixed.  Not thrilled about it but I got off easy and I'm still glad we managed to get out for a ride.  Think I'm done for the season because I was freezing my a** off on the ride back and it got dark way too early.  Let's make up for it next year.

Despite the problems, I do have to say that I enjoyed riding with Dan and Vin.  Mr. EvilSteve is an excellent rider (not *just* by comparison with me) and navigator (not *just* because of TomTom).  Vin was great riding company too, very skilled and willing to push it.  Extremely polite riders and generally good guys.  I'll post in the crash thread about my mishap, but not tonight since I want to sleep.

And for the record, it was not EvilSteve's fault, really!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dude, you're making me blush. :-[ :-[

You ride pretty well yourself Kevin, a friend of mine that's been riding as long as me (April '05, i.e. not long at all) doesn't ride anywhere near as well as you do mate. Keep you chin up, fix the bike and be ready for those random days in the dead of winter when the temperature tops out over 40. ;D BTW, Vin's been riding for about 7 years now, he crashed too so don't feel so bad. ;)

Seriously glad you came along dude, I'm glad you're ok too. Let me know if you need any help getting the parts together. You're welcome to ride with me any time. [thumbsup]

G

·
Crashed? Who crashed? I can't figure from the previous postings? Safe to assume everyone is okay?

*edit* nevermind...glad to see you folks are alright.

·
Registered
137 Posts
EvilSteve said:
Pretty cool route right? :)
Oh yes,yes.
3... yummy.
28a... lovely revisit.
212... woop-ti-do!

Was getting a little late for your Ohayo Mtn loop.
Best part, eh?

Missed the 30/31 lip and discovered 9W north up about 10 miles.
Nice. Scenic and twisted.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts