Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My header pipe is cracking away from my cat right on the welding spot, and the dealer says they cant fix it.

My concern is, that it might break off and the header pipe hit the road, or the cat dropping off. worse case scenario!

I am looking for some ideas of finding a relatively cheap solution to this. Buying a full termi is out of the question. I was thinking something simple like...remove the cat put a new piece of pipe in between replacing the cat, dril a hole for the oxygen sensor, and clamp the pipes all together. Will this work? Any other cheap bright ideas :)?

Almost forgot to mention its a S4RS '08

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
a) reweld
b) cut off cat and weld/clamp new tube.
c) see if someone make a kit just to replace the cat

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
How about getting a midpipe?

I think it would be cheaper than to have someone cut out the cat as it would not be just one pipe. Remember, there are two inlets into and two outlets out the cat.

I got the Marving from Monsterparts. Very nice piece. Get's rid of the udder and improves the sound. You may have to get the air/fuel adjusted though.

Got mine from Monsterparts: http://www.monsterparts.com/pc/D164IX/Exhaust/D164IX.html

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tks drkmojo....

Also saw the midpipe from Monsterparts last night. Theres a Marvin and a Quad-D midpipe. This was exactly what I was thinking about doing.

Which one is better? And then can the air / fuel mixture be adjusted on the standard ECU? or do I need to buy something else to make this midpipe concept work effectively?

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
No FHE with the Quat-D. I have the Marving and am happy with it.

I believe some minor air/fuel/TPS adjustment can be made on the S2R and S4R OEM ECU. I myself had a DP ECU installed when I got the Termi Cans.

Check with your service guy about making adjustments. As long as you don't open the air box you might not even need much adjustment if any.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will check with the dealer on adjustments, tks. I dont run an open airbox, theres just too much dust around where I come from.

Is the Marvin std [i[e thickness or 50mm like the termi pipe?

Can I install it myself or do I need the dealer to do it?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info, I will look into this, as I need to get this done sooner than later. Appreciate the feedback

1 - 8 of 8 Posts