Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know most who replace exhausts are looking for something louder. Not me. For one thing, I'm old enough that I don't think I need to impress anyone. For another, I've never quite figured out the attraction of decibels for their own sake. I've got nothing against a lovely throaty growl - I just don't want my ears ringing after a ride. Other issues center around life in a very small town in a public position. A good example would be after I got my tractor and had it in the barn (which faces woods I own) and was crawling around under it checking out my new toy. The next day, two people asked "so, doc, what's wrong with your tractor?" I really can't afford to set off any car alarms (not that anyone locks anything around here, anyway).

I wouldn't mind a small performance boost and weight saving and I like the appearance of carbon fiber. As noted above, I wouldn't object to a change in sound as long as it's not actually louder. Are any of the available systems close to stock in loudness?

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
With European noise regulations, most European made exhausts now come with removable baffles. If left in, the exhaust is about as quiet as stock. Leo Vince, Arrow, and other are available like this.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! I wonder if that would apply to Termignoni since they probably are subject to the same regs.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
I could be wrong, but I do not believe that Termignoni exhausts come with removable baffles., although I do recall seeing some low-noise Termis in a DP catalog. Perhaps check with your dealer. Take a look at other aftermarket brands as well because I'm certain they come with removable baffles and are much cheaper than Termis.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts