Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...I want this part! Anyone have it on their Monster? Do you have to cut the frame for it? Is there a US distributor?

Sorry for all the questions...hope someone has the answers!

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
This one?

no frame cut...bought it from Honda Peninsula Ducati a long time ago...also check with motowheels, motostrano and spareshack.
paid $250 (i think...i've lost a LOT of brain cells since then)

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, Spareshack has 'em. I've been debating getting the sil megaphone exhausts, too...so now I'll just have to get that credit card out and go for broke!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Watch the screws that hold the light lenses in. The lenses fall out with no warning. DAMHIK

Stuart at SS has a replacment for me. Only place I could find a replacement. Light sockets are held in place with silicone. Keep an eye on them too.

A shot of it from the rear.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have heard complaints from other riders that they are not that noticeable.

Lens came in from Stuart, feeling guilt about never having ordered anything from him before I ordered $500 worth of stuff to thank him.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Thanks. Man that looks nice. Are the turn indicators bright enough?
no.
but if you rip out the blinker guts (or wait for them to fall out), and then replace them with a LP flush mount indicator (sans lens) and brighter bulbs they are ;)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Now this just sucks....

I finally got the left lens that fell off in the mail from Stuart at Spareshack by way of British Columbia, damn mail. Installed it and it worked like a champ. Thanks Stuart, not sure if you hang here but if you do, I appreciate it. Make sure when you process my recent order that you read the email I sent responding to my order confirmation. I need a right now.

The sucks part: I got all jazzed that my Cromo was complete again so I spent all morning cleaning it. I mean really cleaning it. I noticed the right lens was cracked. I got out for a ride this evening after Momma got back from hers and guess what, yep, you got it, the right lens is gone now.

If you are going to buy this peice, buy it from Spareshack, Stuart is the only person that has been able to get the parts that fall off.

B

·
0 Posts
maybe a little RTV clear silicone on the male-clip parts when you put/snap the lens on to keep them in?

/end random input.
=)

cheers,
~B~

·
Registered
345 Posts
The problem I see is that the screw that holds the lens in has no real fastener to screw into. Just a hole in the CF. The lenses are also very fragile and the vibration from the tail section caused by the motor are cracking the lenses and allowing them to fall off.

BTW, the clear silcone may work, but bulb changes are gonna be a bear.

S

·
0 Posts
Be careful with high pipes, I have Sil moto high rounds and that item did not work for 2000. The sil's sit really high.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
How does this unit mount?
Will it work if I chop my tail??

Thanks,
Michael

1 - 15 of 15 Posts