Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
In theorie yes. If it fits the frame properly. You might need the fuel pump from a carbed supersport, i have no idea what fuel pressure they run at, but the setup would be the same practically. The ie pumps have a pressure regulator to hold the pressure at 3 bar. No way a set of carbs needs that.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Biggest issue might be the fuel pick up.
Does the carby bike have an external fuel pump?
It's internal on the injected bikes so the pickup will not drain the tank like a carby one does, if they have an external fuel pump that is.
Might need to chop an internal fitting down.
Air box clearance might need checking.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it's an external fuel pump.
I've decided at this point I'm just going to get one of the track tanks from CA Cycleworks, it'll change the look a touch but that's alright.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Biggest issue might be the fuel pick up.
Does the carby bike have an external fuel pump?
It's internal on the injected bikes so the pickup will not drain the tank like a carby one does, if they have an external fuel pump that is.
Might need to chop an internal fitting down.
Air box clearance might need checking.
Yeah, that's what I had to do to convert a S2R800 internal fuel pump to external after the OE one failed. Drain tank, pull flange assembly from under tank, remove dead fuel pump, and cut off the nipple that feeds the fuel line. Now fuel drains to bottom of tank and out to external fuel pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts