Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
many of you have enjoyed the sheer awesomeness that was my girlfriends 2005 aprilia scarabeo 50 ditech scooter. She recently sold it and the buyer has recently contacted us because he is unable to get it registered at the local DMV due to the fact that it was bought in texas and doesnt have this sticker. Any suggestions? We dont want to refund him and need desperately to get this solved.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Stacked said:
many of you have enjoyed the sheer awesomeness that was my girlfriends 2005 aprilia scarabeo 50 ditech scooter. She recently sold it and the buyer has recently contacted us because he is unable to get it registered at the local DMV due to the fact that it was bought in texas and doesnt have this sticker. Any suggestions? We dont want to refund him and need desperately to get this solved.
did your GF register it in CA as hers? DMV law allows owners to bring their own vehicles into the state when they move here after paying a "smog impact fee."

if it wasn't registered in CA, i'm guessing it doesn't have 7500 miles on it, which would exempt it as well...

i wonder how hard it would be for somebody to copy a CARB sticker? not that i would recommend doing something illegal like that...

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
simonster said:
DMV law allows owners to bring their own vehicles into the state when they move here after paying a "smog impact fee."
...have her register it in her name and then flip it over to the new buyer... [clap]

the blood sucking law is there so they can tax you 2 times for the same good :mad:

...i suggest you do this all at the same time just to show the DMV what idiot law they have to enforce...(to get your money ::))

ps: smog impact my a$$ (as if smog knows its registered in CA so it wont cross the border to some other state where you havnt payd for its impact ::))

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
lucazuma said:
smog impact my a$$
yes, your ass DOES have a substantial impact on smog!!! [laugh]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts