Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are the mixture screws?Does anybody have a picture of a carb pointing them?My mixture is too rich after rejetting and i want to fix it.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
The mixture screws are at the lowest point of the carburetors at the leading edge, right in front of the float bowls. They only really affect from idle to about 1/8 throttle at low engine speeds, so if you're too rich at higher engine speeds or larger throttle openings you'll have to do something else.

If you're rich at full throttle, you might consider removing the snorkels from your airbox, or cutting open the airbox. Removing the snorkels takes less than a minute and is easily reversible.

Who did the rejetting on your bike? What were they trying to accomplish? There is a good chance that they just put the wrong jets in and you'll need to open the carburetors back up to fix the problem.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Where are the mixture screws?Does anybody have a picture of a carb pointing them?My mixture is too rich after rejetting and i want to fix it.
I'm not trying to be mean but I think your stage two kit is a little much for your bike. You might have to step the mains back a size or two (smaller jets).

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
I'm not trying to be mean but I think your stage two kit is a little much for your bike./

I disagree. With open airbox & KN, the St2 should work fine.
It`s also DynoJet`s recommendation.

My 2c Gert

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
This is why many of us recommend Factory Pro rather than Dynojet for jet kits to go on a Monster. They come with three sets of main jets and are easier to get tuned right.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I disagree. With open airbox & KN, the St2 should work fine.
It`s also DynoJet`s recommendation.

My 2c

·
Registered
400 Posts
This is why many of us recommend Factory Pro rather than Dynojet for jet kits to go on a Monster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts