Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My M900 (carb) is running rough due to infrequent use during the winter. After searching the site I found numerous posts & comments that suggest using "Sea Foam" as a first step towards clearing out any gunk. Can someone please walk me through how I should be using this product? There is a video on the manufacturer's site, but it is for an auto engine. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Open up the air box, start the engine run the motor around 2000 rpm and spray seafoam directly into the carb. rev a few times while spraying. that should clean and lube the butterfly and most of the small crevises. then spray into a vacume line a few times to clean the internals. after that your done. put back together and run a high octane fuel system and carb cleaner.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Swinger822000 has the full blown treatment, which should work well. I'd also recommend using a pretty strong concentration of Sea Foam mixed with the fuel for one tank, about 2-3 oz of Sea Foam per gallon. Sea Foam has worked wonder for me just mixing it with the fuel on my bikes, lawn mowers, and cars throughout the years. In my 696 I always run about a 1/2 oz/gal mix all the time. It's one of the few "Snake Oil" treatments that I've found that really works.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Swinger822000 has the full blown treatment, which should work well. I'd also recommend using a pretty strong concentration of Sea Foam mixed with the fuel for one tank, about 2-3 oz of Sea Foam per gallon. Sea Foam has worked wonder for me just mixing it with the fuel on my bikes, lawn mowers, and cars throughout the years. In my 696 I always run about a 1/2 oz/gal mix all the time. It's one of the few "Snake Oil" treatments that I've found that really works.
Hi

I'm just wandering what are the benefits of doing so since the 696 is fuel injected and then doesn't use carbs ?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sea Foam doesn't just clean carbs, it helps to clean the fuel injectors when added to the gas tank. It's main purpose is to clean the internal parts of the engine such as valves and cylinder heads. It is a petroleum based product, so it is safe to use.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
H2O yes its a great lubricator and non corosive cleaner. Fuel injectors and throttle bodies are done the same way as a carbed bike. And i like to espicially do it before it sits all winter/infrequent use so it doesnt corode shut/open and all parts stay lubed. its a simple but very effective treatment. and when doing a cleaning power and fuel milage will come back to optimum.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hummm

That's one thing I didn't know. Glad to hear about it now. Will get this produt real soon,since up here we drive 6 month and rest the 6 others.

Thanks !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts