Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of vacuum gauge to do the work but I can't find a connector to connect the tubing to the very little hole where I am supposed to!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the how to ok, but I struggle on what to use! what is the connector he is screwing on the pipe to connect the tubing to?

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
there are nipples on the intake runners. these nipples have vacuum lines going to the charcoal cannister (which prolly ain't there anymore). the nipples msy have been replaced with M5 screws. make sure you match the gauges.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
When I pulled the vapor cannister, I replaced the runner vacuum fittings with buttonhead screws and carefully set the fittings aside where I wouldn't loose them....... yeah right!

But when I bought my ProMotion synchronizer sticks, they came with fittings; two long ones and two short ones. The thread was correct for the holes in the runners.

Didn't your synchronizer come with fittings?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have home made synchronizer, I borrow to vacuum gauge from the lab at work, same for pressure gauge!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Ah.

Well if your fittings are gone (they were there originally to suck air through the carbon cannister) then you're gonna need replacements.

Find someone who has pulled theirs and has no intention of doing their own carb or throttle body synching or you can buy them from any decent motorcycle shop.

Another note: I'm skeptical of how easy it's going to be to synch with a single vacuum gauge. Going back and forth is gonna suck. Having the two-channel setup of a real balancer is way better.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have two digital vacuum gauge that I bolt on to the frame, looks great but I miss the bloody nipples!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts