Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I've been a little off lately. Just having fun. I AM THE ALMIGHTY RULE!!! >:D [cheeky] ::)

I feel like I'm having a nervous breakdown. I had no idea that a broken car could cause me so much strife, and make me feel so bad about myself. I know that sounds silly, but it's true. To that regard I've been working on the root issues of why my emothions are so out of whack. Getting better, but still frustrated.

She's back in the shop. Looking at the Arizona Lemon Law. Anyone have any FHE with that, or the name of an experienced attorney?

I've already got channel 12 call for action working on it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry to hear your car drama continues. Frustrating, Yes. Stressful, Yes.

It's not in your control, so try not to stress about it. Just stay on them and make sure they fix it. I know it takes some of the joy out of the new ride. With a few things done to it when you get it back, I am sure it will still make you happy [thumbsup]

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
What's goin on with the Magnum? I think for the AZ Lemon Law you need to show that it has been unsuccessfully repaired three times for the same thing or that the vehicle has been out of service for 30 or more days within the first year.

Did you buy the car new? If not, I don't think the Lemon Law applies...

Edit: Read here for the AZ Statutes...

http://autopedia.com/html/LemonLaw/AZ_lemonlaw2.html

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
There is also buyer's remorse. I know someone that got a Volvo and had it completely replaced with a new one because of the lemon law, but that was a brand new car. Yours was slightly used right? I will check and see what info I can get.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think it was new and this is the third time in the shop for the same thing in one month. If those laws are right fight them for a new ride man!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Yeah Ryan, if what Larry says is true, Print out the link I gave you and bring it to the dealer with you. Time for a new car...

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bought it with 10K on the odometer. It's still under warranty though. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Arizona's Lemon Laws only cover new cars, but all hope is not lost. I bought a relatively new car used from a dealership for my son last year and then after taking it back in three times telling them something wasn't right and them patting me on the head saying they checked and it was fine the engine totally tanked on it. It was covered by the AZ Attorney General's Consumer Fraud laws, and the dealership had to put a brand new engine it it at no cost to me. I'll be happy to give you the details if you think your situation is similar.

·
Registered
975 Posts
That sucks about the car. Are you driving a loaner? Better be... I would be pretty pissed if they didn't set you up with one.

Just remember that vehicles (motorcycles included) are just simple machines with a few chamfered edges ( ;)), regardless of how emotionaly attached we get to them.

I could have told you about my simple rule: German cars and Italian motorcyles.

They still have problems however. The GT1000 has a service bulletin/recall on the stock ECU right now, not to mention a faulty fuel clamp that left lots of new owners using the Ducati roadside assistance 1-800# within hours of delivery of their new "ultimate" motorcycle.

I'm sure you'll get it all sorted....

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Technically, his car is German. Dodge Magnums are produced by Daimler-Chrysler, which is headquartered in Stuttgart ;D

Now on to more pressing items. What has the dealership said about buying the car back from you?

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The dealership said that they would only give me "trade in" value towards another vehicle purchase. That's crap!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Thread jack: rule amendment

Dietrich said:
I could have told you about my simple rule: German cars and Italian motorcyles.
Oh, and Swiss watches.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts