Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode three differnt canyons this weekend and I'm glad to say that for the most part they were gravel free. Saturdays ride was with Duckets on his dark 750 and his brother on a Honda 919. If it wasn't for my illegal pass, which got us all tickets :-[, (sorry guys) it would have been perfect. We had to stop for a bunch of elk once and twice for big horn sheep. You know you're in a canyon when you see big horns. Anybody else in CO ride the canyons recently ?

I had to write something meaningful for my status switch to "Senior Member" ;)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Three lane road, the lane in the middle had solid yellow on outsides, dashed on insides--I guess its for turning only. It was completly safe , just illegal. I said it was my fault because I was in front...we all made the pass. Last guy got nabbed, we didnt even know he was missing until a couple miles later. Went back to see if he was OK, passed him pulled over, turned around and waited up the road a mile or so. After giving him the ticket, the cop continued on the road, saw us waiting and ticketed us also. Apparently he had radioed ahead, so we were probably going to get it one way or the other.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
D'oh!

I guess next time you hide somewhere and hook up again by cell phone after it blows over.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
D'oh!

I guess next time you hide somewhere and hook up again by cell phone after it blows over.
Gee.... thanks for the chastizing...

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Hey, I probably would have done the same thing.

Just looking for a lesson in the tale. Always gotta ask, "was there a better way?"

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Yeah...getting snagged by the fuzz was a shame...especially after having started the post "To Elude or not to Elude : that is the question"

Well...so you know...we, (I) did not elude...actually, practically handed myself over...

Had a great ride with Humungus..yeah he was leading when we got pulled, but coulda happened to anyone leading the pack...we were on the outskirts of town...I wouldah made the same pass if he was there or not...so, humugus..don't be hard on yourself - heh

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually right after it happened, Duckets and I decided what the plan for next time would be--just as Don suggested. Cop was kind of funny because he told us he would never ride bikes like ours, just cruisers :)

D

·
0 Posts
Canyons up here around Ft. Collins look pretty good, minus some exceptions (Rist canyon).

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Canyons up here around Ft. Collins look pretty good, minus some exceptions (Rist canyon).

Damn, waiting for some rear wheel bearings, I'm dying to ride!

seeya.

P.S. D amn I hate stupid word censorship heh.
The canyon we were on is near you--Its the canyon from 34 to Glenhaven to Estes --thats where we saw the bighorns.Sunday I took that canyon that goes from Masonville to Pourdre canyon--Buckhorn rd ?

D

·
0 Posts
Wow, those are my stomping grounds for sure. If you ever see a guy with a cromo, clipons and high mount C/F say hi!

I am around boulder sometimes too. As soon as I get my bike going I'm putting in some miles :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts