Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up an 800S.
Fuel-Injected this year.
Can someone tell me the best options for putting slip-on cans on this machine?
Do I really need to re-map?
Looking for something affordable, but nice sounding...

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have the same bike, except mine is a dark and own a pair of 2 Bros aluminum slip ons. They're very deep relatively inexpensive (approx $420). Just had to bump the CO2 sensor to 30. Local dealer did this for a 6 pack of beer. Anyhow, their the deepest sound I've heard but my heart is with the Sil's.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheapest pipes?? go stratified, factory look, cheap money (more money for other mods!) do a search on 'stratified pipes' or some variation, should come up. i have the shorties on my 800S, definitely sounds sweet, nice rumble when you open it up.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the plug guys.
as for aftermarket options, cans that fit any '02+ bike (aside from the s4R) will fit the m800. for that matter, any low-mount monster cans should bolt right on. stock header diameter's been the same through the whole fleet and the mounting locations are also the same.
check out motowheels.com, spareshack.com, ca-cycleworks.com for a bunch of different options. there's plenty other vendors too... do some searching/research and you'll find gobs of options.

·
Registered
5 Posts
another plug here for strati pipe mod. Best mod money can buy IMHO. Really great sound.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For the dough you can't go wrong with the stratified cans. I've gotten several comments from dudes with with Japanese in-line 4s that really like the sound. They have this funny look on their face when they say it that tells me they now think their bike sounds like a h*nda spree in comparison.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Oh why not... Another plug for Strati. I love my Stratified cans. They sound awesome & it is kinda cool when people are are those the stock cans?

Keep up the good work Strati, Thanx again!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Just picked up an 800S.
Fuel-Injected this year.
Can someone tell me the best options for putting slip-on cans on this machine?
Do I really need to re-map?
Looking for something affordable, but nice sounding...

For affordable good sound, i'll jump on the wagon and say to have Strati work his magic for you.

regarding remapping, i don't think you can with the 5.9 marelli ECU. or maybe i'm thinking of something else...

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Re: Cans?  03Monster800S

You can now get an Ultimap replacement computer for the 5.9 that is fully mapable and disables some of the PITA immobilizer functions.

http://www.fuelinmoto.com.au/

--Fillmore

1 - 10 of 10 Posts