Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo the manual states that I should be able to turn on the bike with the side stand down IF I have the bike in neutral. Is that the case with your Monsters? I cannot turn it on in any way (holding on to the clutch, shifting to first, etc) unless the darned side stand is up.

Now I'm fine with this "security measure" but it's kind of a PITA to have to sit ON the bike while its warming up in the 100° + humid weather of these parts. Is there any way to disable it, if this is indeed the way it works out for all of the Monsters/Ducatis? Or is there something broken with my bike?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After some further scouring of the board, it seems that the '02s have that problem where the manual says one thing but the actual implementation is different and you have to babysit your bike. Oh well.

Who needs specs, right? Silly engineers.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
There are kits available that allow the bike to start with the stand down but still kill it if you put it in gear. Mine came from Evoluzione Cyclesports but their web site has no product page anymore so they may no longer be in business....there are others though as well as simpler mods on the net...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I seem to recall a problem with the sidestand switch on a friends Kawasaki Concourse (1st Gen).It had two female leads that connected to the sidestand switch which we pulled and then I ground down a penny to a small rectangle that fit into and connected the two leads,eliminating the switch.I have no idea if that will work for your bike.

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
TPO Parts still makes a kit. The kit is a nice way to go. Our 600 had the sidestand "up" switch that was a PITA!!! Once bypassed you can warm the bike up on the stand. Forget to pick it up and put it in gear, kills the spark.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts