Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the mids of re-wiring a 2000 m900 engine that I put into a 1998 m750 frame. Problem is, the wiring diagram in the manual doesn't show any details regarding what the harness looks like or what plugs look like what. The 900 workshop manual from duc.nu is for carbed 900's. Two thing....

So can anyone identify this plug for me please? I'm having ahell of a time imagining what it could be for.
Pic #1

Is this the part of the harness that attaches to your gas tank for the fuel pump and fuel sensor? If not can you please show me which plug it is? I have a converted carbed tank and external fuel pump...
Pic #2 & #3

The fuel pump is tapped into the switched 12v from the plug I thought was for the tank. Only other clues I can offer is that once the fuel pump primed, I blew a 7.5 amp fuse for the headlights/signals. Soooo I obviously need to sort this out.
Apreciate the help all
David

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
+1 pic #2

pic #1 Mathesis connector? Mine isn't white but it does hang around about there.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So that IS the fuel/pump wiring.....ok then I'll need to troubleshoot a bit more. It seems that my fuel pump blows my headlight/turn signal 7.5a fuse. My 1st attempt took a long time before the pump primed so it just buzzed for a while. As soon as it filled with gas I could hear it bog down then the fuse blew moments later causing pump to stop running, idiot lights and gauges to go out, and starter to stop cranking (instead of cranking it just blips) Any ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts