Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Thinking about buying a 695 with only one black key and no red key. My question to all of you is:

Is it possible to have a red key coded for the ecu? If I do not have the "red" key from the get go, does that mean that I cannot have other keys made for the bike?

Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
teorically you cannot program any other keys without the red or master key and you cannot buy it by itself, comes with ignition set and because you dash and ecu are programed to the existing key you have on the bike, you'll have to get those brand new also.
but there're good news, you can send the ecu and erase the immob feature so you'll be able to cut any key and use it or just remove the chip from the black key you have, glue it next to the antena so it's picking up the signal all the time so you can cut any keys and use them.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hello,

Thinking about buying a 695 with only one black key and no red key. My question to all of you is:

Is it possible to have a red key coded for the ecu? If I do not have the "red" key from the get go, does that mean that I cannot have other keys made for the bike?

Thanks!
Get your ECU reflashed, this way you can have as many keys as you want, you can change your gauges to anything you like...

Just look around, there're some threads about this issue.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got a monster with only 1 black key, got a key off ebay, took it to a local locksmith with a key cloner, and they cut and cloned the key for $5, took about 2 minutes start to finish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts