Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Can I Fit an After Market Lever On To...

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  ATOmemphis 
#1 ·
This project bike I've bought, and am in the process of building up...it's front brake cylinder is a Brembo "GP" Radial (19x20).

Can you guys tell me whether I'm stuck with having that huge feck off lever? It's not looking like I can swap it out for something like a nice CRG, as the fitting looks pretty specific.

Am I stuck with it, or are there any more subtle alternatives out there that will fit this cylinder?

Cheers guys [thumbsup]

#2 ·
CRG does makes a "GP" style replacement lever. I believe around 117 wampum from Motowheels.

They make both Clutch and Brake Sides, look under either of those tabs after browsing through the European motorcycle tab.

They make 'em, just expensive.

I do not know if Pazzo (sp?) makes them or not.

#3 ·
So far I've only been able to find CRG's that will fit the 19X18 & 16X18 masters...for some reason they don't do one for the 19x20 :(

I'll keep looking though, and I'll check out Pazzo too [thumbsup]

#4 ·
I have trouble seeing the difference between the lever set up in the various piston dim.'s,

What I mean to say is, I don't know if they just forgot to include it in the list. A quick email to Brian will let you know since they sell both the levers and the 19x20 M/C. It seems that they could simply just match it up and see if it works.

They are also incredibly helpful on the phone.

I suggest Motowheels because they have both showing in stock, I don't know if other vendors might have them or (or more importantly) know as well, i.e. AZsbk or Chris @ CA-Cycleworks.

Those levers look trick, and I hope to get one soon for my 19x18 Brake M/C.

But first on the list would be a matching "GP" clutch M/C. If I could only find a reasonably priced one....

#6 ·
Pazzo makes said levers. Here's the information I gathered from email correspondence recently:

Me:
"I'm looking to replace the stock lever on my Brembo "GP" Radial M/C 19x18.
This is not the stock Ducati Radial M/C, but an aftermarket brembo unit."

Pazzo:
We have that lever in a shorty black version only.
It does not however use the adjuster tab system.
It is a straight forward lever like your stock Brembo lever except
it's a shorty and machined out of Billet aluminium.
here some pics. of our compared to the stock Brembo lever.
we have 2 sizes 19 x 20 and 19 x 18
They are $60.00 USD plus $5.95 shipping to the US.
Can only be bought direct thru us. Not thru the website, since they are not
listed there yet.
Let me know and I'll send you the payment details.
Regards
Markus
sales@pazzoracing.com
www.pazzoracing.com
Mon. to Fri. 9 am to 4 pm PST
Ph: 604-539-1500

Here are the attached Pictures:

Attachments

#7 ·
Hey mate, many many thanks for this information...way above and beyond the call of duty :) I'm going to go for the Pazzo [thumbsup]

#9 ·
Then again ???

Right now, we have a Brembo "GP" radial master brake cylinder, and a standard "coffin" clutch cylinder. Seemingly there is no Brembo "GP" equivelant for the clutch cylinder, only a billet version which as gorgeous as it is, unfortunately is way beyond our budget at the moment.

I had hoped to just keep the "coffin" cylinder for now, and simply replace the lever to match the one we found for the "GP" brake master.

Doesn't look as though Pazzo produces levers for the "coffin" cylinders, so back to the drawing board. I'll get in touch with Motowheels to see if that CRG lever will fit the 19 x 20 cylinder.

#10 ·
I'll need to check with Matt or Brian, but I thought the CRG folding lever and short lever was only for the 19x18 and 16x18. I checked the one on display and they are mounted on 19x18 MC. I thought someone told me awhile ago that that is whatthey have so far. It may have changed by now as most of the hard work was done. Some minor changes in the production should be simple enough to make 19x20.

Our tech, Don, has short versions of the OEM radial Brembo levers on his R1. I thought they were fairly inexpensive Ccompared to the CRG). Call the shop and talk to Don or Matt, I'm sure we can get some of those for you if you are interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.