Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago, I bought this bike-

it has these wheels on it-

somebody at the ducati.ms supersport forum suggested that I take the question about these wheels to the Monster forum, as they see these all the time. OK, we can try that..... ???

Does anybody know who made these wheels?
I do know that I like them, a lot. I do know that I won't be trading them or selling them, because they go too well with the direction I'm going with this bike, think Sport Classic GT1000. I would like to be able to answer people who say "where did you get those wheels" without standing there looking like a chimp. I do that enough anyways.

The rims are polished Akronts, spokes appear to be stainless, the hubs look like they belong there from the factory, so either they're made specifically for the Ducati SS line or some very clever machine work has been done. I suspect that they aren't tubless, from the way the spokes go straight into the center of the rim.

If you guys know anything, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Gnomad said:
Does anybody know who made these wheels?......

[red]The rims are polished Akronts[/red], spokes appear to be stainless, the hubs look like they belong there from the factory, so either they're made specifically for the Ducati SS line or some very clever machine work has been done.

If you guys know anything, I'd appreciate it.
I think you have your answer right there!!!....Akronts are a popular rim for Supermoto's....if you would like to do more research...maybe look into Supermotojunkie.com or thumpertalk.com as there would be lots of folks who know about lacing of wheels and whatnot....as for inquiries to replacement if ever needed...I would direct my queries to motostrano.com since they used to be big on Ducati's and now are big on Supermoto!....also FWIW....don't assume they are tubed!...you might get a surpise!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts