Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got my high-mount termis in (woot!).

Unfortunately, I don't have a garage and the weather coming up looks pretty crappy. So is there anyone around Austin that might be able to lend me some space? I have the necessary hand tools and can handle it myself, but it sure would help to have another ducatisti on hand for moral support, particularly when I have to replace that ECU and break out the red key. I hate to mooch and I'll throw in lunch and a case of adult beverage ;)

Otherwise I'll be needing to schedule a service date with mototek sometime in 07 and take out a loan for their labor :(

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks el I appreciate it... I can always use an excuse to get down to SA, that's for sure. I'll ping you later if I need to take you up on it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have my shop on 14th and Cedar, eastside. My lift table is occupied at the moment but I can make space if ya need it. I ain't workin' again 'til Monday so give me a call

512 203 0533

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome! you guys rock... I still owe tony for a tank of gas :)

Well whichever one of you I will inconvenience the least is fine.... hopefully this weekend? I'm free all day friday and saturday..

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hey Factor, did you get a place arranged? I saw you already have several offers here, but I'll throw my place on the table just in case. I'll be around for most of Sat and Sun. I'll PM my phone # to you

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's looking good so far but there is this black box right above the right footboard smack in the way of the new pipe.... emission unit or something, and the instructions (written for an S4 :mad: ) don't account for it at all... gonna post in acc&mods and see what I can do about it..

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
factorplayer said:
It's looking good so far but there is this black box right above the right footboard smack in the way of the new pipe.... emission unit or something, and the instructions (written for an S4 :mad: ) don't account for it at all... gonna post in acc&mods and see what I can do about it..
it's just the charcoal canister for the emissions system, take it off [thumbsup] crow and tony I'm sure know how to do that, scooby too

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Crow said:
Looks like he can just plug the lines for now, that right David?
yeah, that should be fine, but if he's got a little time, it wouldn't hurt to go by the hardware store and pick up a couple of small m5 bolts for the manifolds. If not, yeah no biggie, just plug the appropriate lines and have at it [thumbsup]

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah, I'm introducing him to Breed's today I think. M5 ya say? Just pull the lines at the manifolds andplug with those? I'm assumming they are threaded then. Looks like those two lines and a gas tank line. Anything else?

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Crow said:
Yeah, I'm introducing him to Breed's today I think. M5 ya say? Just pull the lines at the manifolds andplug with those? I'm assumming they are threaded then. Looks like those two lines and a gas tank line. Anything else?
yeah, there's a couple of nipples with I believe a 10mm hex on em so you can get them off, then thread the ones you get in the hole, a little bit of grey stuff works if you want here just to make sure it's sealed. I'm not sure what Breed's is, I think you'll need to introduce me to that one too! (and one or two of the cast from Friday Night lights??? ;D 8) [cheeky])

those two lines, gas tank line is best Y-ed into the gas tank overflow line if you can get the Y fitting. should also be a box with hoses that go to the case breather and to the airbox. his choice here to either 1. remove everything, plug hole at the airbox and put a filter on the breather 2. remove everything and put a new hose that goes directly from the breather to the airbox 3. do nothing with it

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah, David, the hardest part was getting that damn M5 in the top spigot. Many cuss words were said. I ground down his bolts because they would have protruded into the runner. That made it REAL fun to get 'em on. Weeeee. That bike sounds damn good now. ' Ceptin' no clutch rattle.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Crow said:
Yeah, David, the hardest part was getting that damn M5 in the top spigot. Many cuss words were said. I ground down his bolts because they would have protruded into the runner. That made it REAL fun to get 'em on. Weeeee. That bike sounds damn good now. ' Ceptin' no clutch rattle.
[thumbsup] hahaha, the real fun is doing it all over again every time you want to attach vacuum gauges on the bike (course, if you have the ducati computer, it pulls it off the ecu for FI machines)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not me David, my Duc has flatslide carberators [thumbsup] and a dry clutch. None of that programming mumbo jumbo for me.

Jay rode off today, thing almost sounds like a 900, looks pretty good too...

Needs a tail whackin'

I think I can still see his grin from here.

Thanks for the beers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.