Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have a friend that gets Motorcycle Consumer News, they did a huge chain lube comparo a year or so ago. Believe it or not, the standard Kawasaki chain lube performed much better than some big name lubes and placed quite high. I'll see if I can dig it up and lay out the Top 5 for everyone.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
i like maxima chain wax. use it to clean your chain and you're done.
Yeah, I'll second that suggestion - I got 60,000km (almost 40,000miles) out of the original chain on my '99 M750 using that stuff twice a week... (or daily when its raining)

Spray it on (preferably while the chain is warm), then try to wipe it off again with a clean-ish rag - whatevers left behind is _more_ than enough (and it won't all fling off and glue the brake dust to your back wheel).

big

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I also like Maxima Chain wax. If you use it to clean your chain, make sure you only do about 8 inches at a time. Otherwise, you'll only get about 1/3 of the way around the chain and it will have solidified enough that you can't get the rest of it off. That's a good thing, because it won't end up on your rear wheel like some other chain lubricants.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have used the standard Kawasaki chain lube for 19000+ miles on a Ninja 250. The chain looks amazingly "new". The adjustments are less frequent than tire replacments. I apply it after every other tank of gas (about 500 miles). It is messy though. I use it on my Duc also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts