Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone be so kind as to confirm the specs for the cam timing on a '04 M800?

I've got a shop manual for the S2R 800 that gives me these #s. Can I assume that the cam timing specs for the S2R 800 (the only ones I have at the moment) are also correct for the M800?

Intake Opening = 190BTDC
Closing = 600ABDC

Exhaust Opening = 560BBDC
Closing = 240ATDC

Using those numbers in the lobe center "formula" I get centerlines of:

110.50 Intake and 1060 Exhaust

As the bike sits I'm coming up with 1160 lobe center on intake so it looks like I need to adjust 'em a bit, but I sure would appreciate it if someone could confirm those specs before I go messing with the cam rollers.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you kindly for the links ducman. I scrounged around a bit in the moto-one stuff and didn't find that info. Guess I didn't scrounge hard enough.

Those specs correlate with those in the shop Manual for the S2R 800 and it reassures me that I have calculated the lobe centers correctly from those specs.

From reading that stuff it looks like brad b. has chosen 1080 as a "magic" number. I think I'll shoot for that since it's within the +/- 30 margin of error spec from Ducati anyhoo...

Have you gone through this exercise on your 800? Got any opinions?

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Desmo Elmer said:
Thank you kindly for the links ducman. I scrounged around a bit in the moto-one stuff and didn't find that info. Guess I didn't scrounge hard enough.

Those specs correlate with those in the shop Manual for the S2R 800 and it reassures me that I have calculated the lobe centers correctly from those specs.

From reading that stuff it looks like brad b. has chosen 1080 as a "magic" number. I think I'll shoot for that since it's within the +/- 30 margin of error spec from Ducati anyhoo...

Have you gone through this exercise on your 800? Got any opinions?
IIRC We setup at 108 as well. Dynod at just above 80 with the FIM U59, slipons and a stock airbox

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
O.K.
You've got me going with that FIM U59 reference. :p

I've got a PC III on there now and I would say that the fueling is still not "perfect" despite the best efforts of some local tuners of high repute. Seems like even with a PCIII one is still hamstrung a bit by the stock ECU. No timing tweaks for one.

What say you...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts