Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would anyone know whether the Cam Belt Pulley assembly from a '97 M750 will work with a '94 900SS? please let me know, it'll save me some $$$....hehe...thx

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the guys at BCM just told me tat "Your pulleys will not work because of a difference in cylinder head height."...well i guess that answers tat....hehe

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
another question....would anyone know if there are any complications to just "machinin" down the shoulder of the pulley to allow for easy removal of the belts?

my problem is such, my 900 pulleys have "shoulder" which block the belts in...my newer 750 engine doesn't have these "shoulders"....and I would prefer to grind the 900s down so as to make life easy....hehe

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
There was a thread here earlier about it. I think it was Mark 1305 that determined the shoulder on the cam pulleys would just pull off with a pair of pliers. Worked fine as long as you left the shoulder alone on the bottom pulley. Maybe he'll chime in.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ducpainter said:
There was a thread here earlier about it. I think it was Mark 1305 that determined the shoulder on the cam pulleys would just pull off with a pair of pliers. Worked fine as long as you left the shoulder alone on the bottom pulley. Maybe he'll chime in.
Thanks, tried it out and it pulls out easily enough with pliers....I'm pulling the shoulders off the two side pulleys and leaving the center alone, I just need to verify that there are no sharp edges that would damage the belt.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
early engines up to and including 750 (up to and including '97 models) have square tooth pulleys. from '98 on they used round tooth, same as all the 900 and 4v. the sp/sps 4v engines have alloy pullies std. all are 18 tooth.

the testa, st3 and 1000ds engines have 20 tooth pullies.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
I'm in :D

My 95 M900 didn't have the outer lips on the pulleys. But the 92 900SS and some heads I got from a 93 900SS did.

I found that the lips are just steel bands set in a groove in the pulley. I latched on to the edge of the lips with some vice grips and just rolled them right off the end of the pulleys. You must leave the lips on the double pulleys down on the side of the crankcase to keep the belts from walking off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts