Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after 13 years of Ducatis I am making a move to the Triumph Speed Triple. Not to say that my il mio mostro d bambino wont still be with me, but it'll be sharing space. I am just tired of breaking out the hex wrenches, lube, manuals, bleeders, rags and scratching my head trying to keep it up so time and burden will now be shared. Just a side note, the Triple is an absolute beast. Anyway, this is my confession and testimony.

Sexy

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I almost bought a Speed Triple myself when I got my Monster, great bike.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive cried, I have bled, I have thrown wrenches clear across my driveway becuase of my Ducati...yet the love is there. I must be a masochist.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I got my Monster 800 because I was tired of fixing my (1975)Triumph Trident! So far, 's all good.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I understand where you live. Good luck! The triple is awesome, and has an exhaust baritone to die for. Not to mention killer torque. A little lime with your pasta is tasty!

Rideon

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yeah, Triumph's never need repair or maintenance ::)

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
The Monster is the best little bike I ever had. I love her so much, she and I are like one!! I wouldn't trade her for nothing!! She was in the shop last week and I rode our new Speed Four all week, and when she got home I sat on her and wrapped my arms around her and told her how very glad I was that she was back!

The Speed Four was fun, but it wasn't like my Monster, she and I are just made for each other!! ;D

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
wwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Guess you need a zero maint. (zero character) Jap. bike. Sorry.

BTW, the speed triple and speed 4 have no soul.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
wwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Guess you need a zero maint. (zero character) Jap. bike. Sorry.

hahaha

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey hey! Easy now! My Mostro is going nowhere...all I am saying is she is getting VERY cranky in her old age. Triumphs may not be carefree either but they sure as sh*t cost less to repair...at least around here they do. Either way I still put my Ducati first, its just now she isnt the only ho-rse in my stable and that is a big step for me

Sexy

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
If you ride a lot and regularly, don't have an abundance of free time, even if you had a honda, you'll need a second bike.

Personally I have found down time extremely irritating, but most of it, I have to admit, had to do with runway mods and very little with regular maintenance. You will probably leave that Triumph or any Japanese bike nearly stock.

·
Registered
366 Posts
If you're serious about what you wrote, you haven't ridden a Speed Triple. Very bad boy that one.
::)

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you're serious about what you wrote, you haven't ridden a Speed Triple. Very bad boy that one.
::)
Agreed. Fit a decent pipe and its equal to most Monsters in 'character'. IMHO. ;)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
13 years that's like been married,hope it' a nasty divorce

SELL OUT!

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I can understand part of his point, 1 bike is not enough. I think a person needs several for all different occasions. I know if I have a long distance or need to haul some gear, my Harley does the duty. But for pleasure riding and running errands. It's either my Duc or one of my old Honda's. For serious hauling, the Triumph with sidecar get's pressed into duty.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
13 years that's like been married,hope it' a nasty divorce

SELL OUT!
Apparently you do not believe in the polygamous relationship as I do! A man can have many wives in middle east! Many wives! Many camels!! Or many motorcycles in good ole Long Island New York! Dont hate the rider, hate the parts manufacturer!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Lots of funny comments.
That being said I would never own a Ducati as my only bike.

Buy what you want and to heck with the negative comments.

No such thing as a maintenance free bike, jap or any company, there are lots of bikes that are more maintenance friendly.

But you know then again, I always have more than 2 or 3 bikes at a time anyway so my Ducati will never be alone. ;D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts