Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall, i am signed up for the Keith Code class on the 25th and waitlisted on the 24th. Anyone from the Bay Area (SF) going up there? Would love to ride up or trailer(need to rent) on Friday afternoon.

Also anyone with track details for Willow Springs ( like turn descriptions, lines etc?). Also anything to do in Saturday evening in that neck of the woods?

Also thinking of doing 1 from SF, any advice?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I did the one day class there a few weeks ago. It was the first time I had been on a track. Here is what I remember.

Turn 3 was the scariest corner for me at the start. It's a medium sized sweeper, but it's at the end of a downhill straight. If you get your entry speed right you can power through that sucker with ease and it's a blast. By the end of the day it was my fave turn. BUt before that I always felt like I was going in WAY to fast..way way way to fast.

The turn just after that, 4, was a bit of an illusion to me. I had a hard time judging the speed I should take that turn out. I could take it much faster than I thought I could most of the day. A few other people had trouble with that turn as well. By the end of the day I was comfortable with it, but it wasn't *fun* like 3 ended up being.

Are you using your bike?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow, that is dang close to my experience too. I did take my bike but crashed on 58 on Friday night getting there. So Uhauled it to the Sunday class. Kinda of of a pain with bruised ribs and busted ego but was having a blast by my second session on track.
I got flagged at turn 4 for too much speed ( no brake exercise) and have a hard time with the slow speed turns right before the start finish line.

also cool was all the porsches on the other track, may have to start saving up for a 911 when i get too old to ride the bike at the track.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
haha yeah, those slow speed turns are ZERO fun IMO. Turn 4, yeah you can go fast there, just have to get tha tbitch turned and have at it!

I didn't get flagged, but I was going SLOOOOW!

Did you get laptimes?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts