Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone here been able to transform their monster into an old skool cafe racer style? I'm really curious because i'd like to do it to mine.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
i'd love to see a hard as tacks blacked out, shaved seat, black crinkle powder-coated and scotch-brited industrial monster a la exile cycles. hmmmm. i might have to get something like that built.

although i really love the featured bike as an interpretation of an old-school cafe. it's inspired me to get something built instead of getting one of those lame sport classics (all due respect to those of you that have them, but i'm not a fan).

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
I like the sport classics, but the beauty of the Monster is its blank slate. You can customize it so much to be just about anything, obviously fromt he featured monsters.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
For simplicity's sake, I liked mine. This isn't a current pic, but the main diffeence is after this pic was taken, I replaced the mirrors, removed the front fender, and painted the DUCATI on the clutch cover black. Ohh, also had dual headlights. Lemme see if I can find a newer pic. But for now, see my sig line

G

·
NAKID said:
For simplicity's sake, I liked mine. This isn't a current pic, but the main diffeence is after this pic was taken, I replaced the mirrors, removed the front fender, and painted the DUCATI on the clutch cover black. Ohh, also had dual headlights. Lemme see if I can find a newer pic. But for now, see my sig line
We're all gonna' have to chip in and get you a new bike. I got $10. Who's in?

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
It's been for sale for a couple months, and I just sold it last week...

She's a beaut in real life too. I got nostalgic today as I was detailing and prepping it. Wish I didn't need to sell it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
greasacati said:
anyone here been able to transform their monster into an old skool cafe racer style? I'm really curious because i'd like to do it to mine.
Wait a couple of weeks. How old school? I'm prettty old.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Mac900 said:
Wait a couple of weeks. How old school? I'm prettty old.
what're you plannin, mac? ;D

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
bullet boy said:
interesting. there's a local monster senna on CL that has that solo seat and some undertails. i'm not sure how i like that look. seems more insectoid than badass, imho.

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
teddy037 said:
what're you plannin, mac? ;D
Not much now, as it turns out. Just got a dose of reality. I hate it when that happens. Dang!

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Mac900 said:
Not much now, as it turns out. Just got a dose of reality. I hate it when that happens. Dang!
bummer! hope nothing too bad happened... I've barely even thought about the bike this weekend... ::)

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Ive been changing mine a bit at a time and its making me more insane by the moment. Three different set of clipons positions were fine but other problem arrose, lack of steering, one small bang. and everything comes off for realignment. I have rearsets but I dont think they go far enough back, and I just broke one. But Im headed to the contis and possibly an older 900ss fairing, care of Mead Speed or similar. Ive raised the ass end and lowered the front looks and handle great, Monsters make great Cafe' Racers. 8)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts