Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking to buy one of these helmets and want to know which one is best. i know that the justy has a couple more features but the trip has "the look". main question is about their shell size, i read that they are bigger than big in another post but couldn't figure out by how much. anyone sporting one yet?

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
i have a trip. love it, although they run about 1/2 size big, so i just ordered a small and sold my medium to another member of dml.

the old cabergs were really big, but the newly redesigned trip actually isn't. i can't recall the specific dimensions, but it's about 1/4" wider than my arai rx7, primarily because of the hinge mechanism covers, and maybe 1/2" longer because of the flip-up gizmo and style. it's actually surprisingly light as well, less than an oz more iirc than my arai which i consider a very light helmet.

i really like the chinstrap on the trip too. it has a seatbelt-type release. i've seen the justissimo, and just didn't like the look of the thing. the trip seemed to complement the monster better.

the trip fits a variety of head shapes well. i'm a rounder head (arai quantum, shoei rf/z), and my buddy is a narrower head (arai signet), and it fits either of us great, kinda like the higher end arai rx7 or shoei x11 do.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, thank you. this helps a lot. i thought they were much bigger.
so it is comfy and you feel safe in it?
i am a small in scorpion and a medium in hjc, what size should i order?
i have more of a round head shape so your reply really helps.
where did you order yours from?
how much did it cost you?
how is wind noise and head shake?
do you feel the shell size difference or weight?
how long did the shipping take?

thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
elmonstro said:
yes, thank you. this helps a lot. i thought they were much bigger.
so it is comfy and you feel safe in it?
i am a small in scorpion and a medium in hjc, what size should i order?
i have more of a round head shape so your reply really helps.
where did you order yours from?
how much did it cost you?
how is wind noise and head shake?
do you feel the shell size difference or weight?
how long did the shipping take?

thanks for your help.
get a small. i wear small for track, medium for street in arai and shoei. for the caberg, definitely pick the smaller size.

ebay has them for like $220 to $230 shipped without the free pointless free crap. avoid the seller called "discountbikeruk." that guy flaked on the deal.

wind noise is less than a fully vented helmet like the arai corsair, but a bit more than a less vented helmet like a shoei rf1000. i'd guess that it's going to be a bit louder than your helmets, but not bad enough to where i even thought about wearing earplugs (with my arai, i ALWAYS wear earplugs on the highway).

aerodynamics are pretty good. no issues there.

shipping took like 3-4 days.

i don't feel the size/weight difference at all. the trip is lighter than my shoeis, and only slightly heavier than my arai rx7. it's probably lighter than either of your lids. it might even be about the same size, perhaps a little longer because it's a chinflip. my shoeis are bigger than my rx7, so the caberg might even be the same size.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
i think the prior generations of the cabergs were bigger. i know the trip was just redone. not sure about the justissimo. i tried on the schuberth, and it was huge, heavy, expensive, and fit weird.

get the trip. it's cheap, it's cool, it works well, it's comfy.

***disclaimer*** - if it isn't all that i said and more...well, tough boogers. [laugh]

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, i'll order one asap (wild hair as i haven't even worn my carbon fiber helmet more than 4 times). its too awesome, and with this kind of information from a fellow dml'r, i gotta have. thanks for your help.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
I have a Justissimo that's about 3 years old. It is heavy and not very aerodynamic. Maybe the new ones are better. Maybe.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
since i just sold my trip (but haven't shipped it yet), i wore my arai rx7 last night to IBN. i REALLY missed having a trip!!! you wouldn't believe how convenient the flip-down sun visor and flip-up chinbar are until you have them. i never thought i wanted those features, now i find that i can't live without them. the trip is a great in-town and twisties helmet. for the track, i'd definitely still use my arai though.

i saw a justissimo at the moto show. not sure if they redesigned it and didn't think to compare size/weight to other helmets there since i wasn't interested in it.

the trip v2 is brand new, and is DEFINITELY smaller/lighter than the previous generation of the trip.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i checked the ones on ebay but they don't say that they are V2. how would i know, the V2 they have listed is a full face that doesn't open.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
awesome, thank you. i sent him an email about what version it is. i think these are the same people who offer the helmet with an assortment of useless items for more money. as long as its the newest generation i'm in.
thanks again

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
it's the newest. the old trip looked entirely different.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
once again si, thanks. i looked at some of your gear you have for sale and we seem to have some of the same taste in things. i'm ordering this helmet tonight.
thanks,
ernest

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
should i get the matte finish or the gloss black? i am on a red and white s2r so i hope people will see the bike since its red and flashy, so i am not terribly worried about the matte blending in with the street. does this models matte get hotter in the sun than the gloss?

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
i just got my matte black in the mail. with a ducati corse gel decal on each side, it looks badassssssss. [thumbsup]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts