Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a new helmet and today I noticed one that really caught my eye. I was wondering if anybody knew anything about the Caberg 104 Solo, and if you did could you tell me any pros or cons that you would give it. Any comments or reviews will help, thanks.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this, but I bought one of these and have been meaning to post an update:

I have the Caberg 104 Solo helmet in solid black. I bought it mostly to see if it would be any quieter than my KBC and for the inner tinted sheild. It also has a quick release buckle that my KBC does not, and I found it online for about $220 shipped. Great features for the money. A couple things I have noticed(apologizing in advance for the limited comparison to my only other helmet):

1. It does not feel as safe as my KBC (VR2 I believe?). What I mean by that is that the chin bar and the back of the helmet do not come down as far, and the front of the helmet is very close to my nose. It also has a polycarbonate vs. composite shell. Overall it just doesn't give me the warm fuzzy feeling of safety. That said it does feel WAY lighter than my KBC. Comfort and liner are great.

2. It isn't any quieter. It is a different kind of noise though. Maybe more high pitched and less rumbling than the KBC, but even with ear plugs at the end of the day it's about the same. Also, even though they claim it's aerodynamic, it is prone to more buffeting than my other helmet.

3. The optics aren't as great as my other helmet, even with the inner shield up. It has a great field of vision, but my other helmet just seems to have less distortion. It is very convienient to have the tinted shield for obvious reasons (and it does fit over my glasses easily), but it does not completely fill the field of vision so you have a "clear" gap at the bottom and sides that is a little annoying.

One thing that is nice is being able to ride with the inner shield down and the outer shield open in hot weather, and still have some eye protection. This is good up to about 50 MPH.

Overall I still think it's a steal for a $200 helmet with all those features. I use it about half of the time I ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
yeah its a sweet helmet. I decided to get the Justissimo. I like the Idea of lifting up the top when i am sitting at a hot stop light [thumbsup] The inner visor is freaking awesome! but it does distort a little towards the edge. I got it for a steal too at $240 ;D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts