·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Ducky,

Out of curiousity, have you considered doing some non-school trackdays? It might be a good (cheap) opportunity to work on / apply some of the skills you pick up at the schools.

Actually, this is just a pitch to get more DMLers out riding the trackdays that I'm at.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tigre said:
Ducky,

Out of curiousity, have you considered doing some non-school trackdays? It might be a good (cheap) opportunity to work on / apply some of the skills you pick up at the schools.

Actually, this is just a pitch to get more DMLers out riding the trackdays that I'm at.
Yes, I think in '07 I'll be ready for non-school trackdays.
That's why I called Keigwin today to see if I have to go through their school first. The instructors at CSS told me to do non-school trackdays but I am just scared of going to ones that aren't monitored well. After speaking with Keigwin, I feel good about their program and am going to sign up with them.

Now that being said, there's another problem which is logistics. CSS was easy because when I ride their bike, I just show up, bike is prep'ed and ready and they gas it in the middle of the day etc. I do nothing but ride and eat ;D Doing my own trackday is a different beast.

So I'm looking for buddies who want to bring me along - I'll pay for gas and share other costs.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
One non-school trackday, Ducky, and I think you'll feel perfectly comfortable with doing it on your own. It seems intimidating, but it's pretty straightforward. Just sign up for a day when one of us is going (not too difficult--someone is always at one of the Keigwins days) and we'll walk you through the whole thing. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay Spidey [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
+1 on Spidey's comments.

Keigwins runs the best ship out of all the programs I've been to so far.

Zoom Zoom days are decent, and they have a novice program that you're overqualified for.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Yeah, Keigwins days are very professional, and they don't attract or tolerate dumb riding. Zoom Zoom are good too. Pacific Track Time can be a little wild, especially if it is your first time solo.

As Spidey said, let us know and we can help you with bike prep and maybe transportation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts