Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

I am new to this site, and to Ducati motorcycles. I am coming off a Honda CBR and into a Monster M900...Today is the day I am checking out a used 2002 M900. What should I look for? He said it has 612miles, time for oil change and valve adjustment? How much does the vavle adjustment typically cost? Anyone heard of problems with the '02 M900?

I am very excited about the potential purchase this afternoon..perfect timing for riding too! At least for this week..before it is stored for winter - cold Chicago winter!

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I dont think the valves have to be done at 600 for an m900. You will probably just need the standard 600 mile service- oil change, check connections, yadda yadda yadda. I think it ran me just shy off $300 up here in MPLS. Just look at the typical points that the bike would have gone down on- bar ends, dent in tank, scrapes on pipes. Check to make sure there is oil in it... I guess the normal stuff, you have been riding so you should be a good judge of it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
right about cost. when i took my 2001 900 in for the 600 mile, it was going to cost me about $260, but i had the certificate from DNA so i lucked out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.