Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
BMW G310R, Monster 821 Stealth
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, here's my story. Back in October I went to purchase a 2020 Monster 821 Stealth at the local Ducati dealer, after agreeing on price and locating a dealer where they could obtain one(they didn't have one) I put down $500 as a deposit. Bike arrived the following week and was told it would be good for pickup later in the week. Following up I was told there was a delay in financing and it would resolve the next week. Note that my application was submitted for processing while the dealership had a different owner than now, a new owner took over the week the motorcycle was to be picked up by me. Since then I've been in somewhat limbo. Through multiple inquiries on the status of the financing (which they say I'm good, no problems) and frankly when can I buy this thing, I've been assured that they are working with their lenders and the process takes time especially when a dealer changes owners. Here's what makes me uncomfortable, on Nov 5th the owner of the dealership called me and wanted me to take the bike and enjoy it(we had an unusually warm week) while they take care of the business on their end.
As of today I still have the Monster with dealer plates in my garage, paying for insurance on a motorcycle I don't own, waiting on resolution with no firm date. Should I continue to be patient or do I return the motorcycle?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Screw dealer financing...call your bank...show up with cash in hand and start the timer...12,100....12,000....11,900.... Yamaha

·
Registered
80 Posts
Lol dealer financing. Apply for a private loan through your bank. You’ll have the money in your bank account in an hours time. Just don’t tell them you’re using it to buy a motorcycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts