Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been looking for an older used Monster. Just answered an ad for a '99 M900. It runs & looks great but the tach & speedo don't work. The owner says they stopped working after he swapped out the forks.

Does this sound like something reasonable to troubleshoot & fix or am I looking at a potential can of worms?

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
872 Posts
If he’s telling the truth, probably an easy fix. Funny he didn’t fix it though, if it’s an easy fix.
Does the price reflect the cost of a set of gauges if it turns out he’s been less than honest ?
Whats the mileage ? What’s he asking for this pristine gem ?
There is an old saying “ There is nothing more expensive than a cheap Ducati “

3 Posts
If he’s telling the truth, probably an easy fix. Funny he didn’t fix it though, if it’s an easy fix.
Does the price reflect the cost of a set of gauges if it turns out he’s been less than honest ?
Whats the mileage ? What’s he asking for this pristine gem ?
There is an old saying “ There is nothing more expensive than a cheap Ducati “
Hi, I've been looking for an older used Monster. Just answered an ad for a '99 M900. It runs & looks great but the tach & speedo don't work. The owner says they stopped working after he swapped out the forks.

Does this sound like something reasonable to troubleshoot & fix or am I looking at a potential can of worms?

Thanks,
Kevin
If the speedo doesn't work, chances are there is a reason he didnt fix it, I wouldnt touch it, as it probably has tens of thousands of miles on it. Thats my take anyways. good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts