Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'll be getting a new 1100 evo here in a few weeks, and as this will be my first Ducati, I was wondering if there's anything I need to know such as maintenance particulars, or just Monster quirks in general. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I've had my M1100 EVO for a bout 6 weeks now and I love it! Two things I suggest doing right off the bat:

1. Get the Termignoni Carbon Fiber exhaust (slip-ons, ECU and air filter kit - http://seacoastsport.com/96458811b.aspx). They're pricey, but worth every penny. The bike sounds much better (remove the baffles!), has more power and looks much better with them.

2. Have the shop set up the suspension for you before you leave (especially if you weigh 170 lbs or less). The rear is way stiff and the front is super soft, so you'll get a lot of dive. I actually bottomed out the forks before I adjusted the pre-load.

Happy riding!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had my M1100 EVO for a bout 6 weeks now and I love it! Two things I suggest doing right off the bat:

1. Get the Termignoni Carbon Fiber exhaust (slip-ons, ECU and air filter kit - http://seacoastsport.com/96458811b.aspx). They're pricey, but worth every penny. The bike sounds much better (remove the baffles!), has more power and looks much better with them.

2. Have the shop set up the suspension for you before you leave (especially if you weigh 170 lbs or less). The rear is way stiff and the front is super soft, so you'll get a lot of dive. I actually bottomed out the forks before I adjusted the pre-load.

Happy riding!
Agreed! had mine for a week and I'm going in for Termi's tomorrow!

And i need to look into the suspension as well. I'm 180lbs but the rear does still seem a tad stiff and the front is definitely too soft.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My evo just came in saturday. I had a slight oil leak around the bottom of the cluthc cover and on the return line..this popped up on my second day of riding..no biggie just have a 5mm hex head and a 19 mm open end wrench for this

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got it for 1000 under msrp, eurosport cycle

·
Registered
68 Posts
there's a dealer in SA advertising one w/ a termi exhaust for $12k, thats nearly $1800 + it has other lil bits too.

·
Registered
249 Posts

Happy riding!
I'm getting an 1100 and I weigh about 155 lbs. And I never ride with a passenger. How do experienced 1100 riders suggest I set the suspension?

I have never actually owned a bike with an adjustable suspension, so this is a new one for me.

The roads in Thailand are not the world's smoothest, so I prefer to err on the stiff side. I don't want to bottom it out.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
249 Posts
^^Thats a lot of bike for BKK, no? I cant get out of third gear because of the speed limits, here, on my 796...
I touched 150 km/h on Suwinthawong Road (304) last weekend. I don't use 6th much, but I've checked to make sure it's there.

The suspension *is* too firm for me, and the bike bounces me around. But I'm going to wait until after I get a Sargent seat and spend some time on that before I start to change the settings.

·
Registered
272 Posts
its nice to have a stand, the swing arm stands work well for our bikes, i have a pitbull. the eccentric hub is fun to adjust, different than the usual bikes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts