Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all Hi all, and thanks for all the info on the forums.
I am looking to buy my second Monster.
Looking for something more retro, a M900, decided to go with injection (but still not 100% sure since there is a very good deal on a 1999 M900 S.
So far I have been able to identify all models I've seen (with your help and search haha), but I am looking at this M900 IE (2001) that if its an S version could be the one. It is not stated but it has carbon fibre parts. Any other way I could figure it out?
Don't tell me "aluminium swing arm" because I don't know what exactly looking at, and if I will be able to tell that from pictures. (Cant travel ATM because of restrictions, will travel to buy only once for a final check if I decide thats the one.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Current Options I have:

1999 900S 38k Km
2000 900Sie 27k Km (seems like the best bike model wise but apparently it was dropped while standing and has a dent on the tank)
2001 900 IE (possible S) 55k KM
1997 900 20k Km

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'd definitely go with an S version if it were my choice. The adjustable front suspension would be the selling point for me and I think I heard a rumor that the 2000 900sie had Ohlins in the rear. So out of that list I'd probably go for the 2000 900Sie 27k Km. It has the lowest miles and best specs potentially. In addition, if nothing was too damaged in the drop (i.e engine covers or shift/brake foot rearsets) then I'd go for it hands own and use the drop as a reason to get the price lower. Remember broke mirrors and levers can be changed very easily. Tank wise I wouldn't worry if the dent isn't that bad.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Better late than never? I just noticed my yr 2000 Monster owners guide includes a list of differences for the different versions. Here's the list for the "S". By "metal frame", I assume they mean the color?

900S
This version differs from the basic version in the
following features:
  • metal frame;
  • metal grey wheel rims;
  • front and rear carbon mudguard;
  • lower rear mudguard made of polypropylene;
  • carbon side fairings;
  • carbon heat guard;
  • windproof cover with integrated support;
  • Öhlins rear shock absorber;
  • Showa adjustable fork;