Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A dealership in my area is selling a NEW 2002 Monster Dark 750 for $6,999. Is this a good price? Should I try to haggle the price down?

Please advise.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
6 months ago I was going to pay $7400 out the door for a 02 750 Dark. I wouldnt pay over $7000 OTD for one now. If they can do it.. (they can) for $7000 OTD its a pretty good deal. But just remember your getting a two year old bike already. It may be wise just to step up to the 03 800 or get a 03 620 (very similar performance to a 750) for around the same price. I could have gotton a regular (not dark) 620 for $7400 OTD back then too. So an 03 620 dark should be able to be had for under 7k OTD easily.

·
Registered
195 Posts
A dealership in my area is selling a NEW 2002 Monster Dark 750 for $6,999. Is this a good price? Should I try to haggle the price down?

Please advise.
Make sure the razza frazza gauges work before you give them your money :)

In an attempt to be a little more helpful, I can tell you that I paid like $6991 for mine (before taxes title bla bla bla) back in April... I have no idea if that's a good price or not, I just wanted the bike.

M.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the helpful comments. I bought the bike yesterday for $6650, out the door.

Now it's time to modify.

Any suggestions on MUST DO modifications.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey....sorry for the late response....my computer has been down and I need to catch up some.

I bought my 02 M750Dark for $6499.00 (Out the Door cost was $7500.00 even) as I negotiated. I paid cash and I held them to $7500 OTD or no sale. I have since heard some buyers do a little better than that, but not by too much. I purchased mine in April 2003.

My question to you is...Did they (Dealer/Ducati) offer you your first two services for free? I understand that Ducati offered that incentive to sell off its leftovers. However, the 6000 mile service would only be performed if you managed to put that many miles on it within your first year. Am I correct in this? Or is this just rumor?

As for mods.....get the pipes first. Believe me. Spend the money, you'll be glad you did. If money is tight now....see S4Strati's sight. He has a great alternative to the name brand pricey stuff. He can modify your stock pipes to sound great.

Ride Safe.....JJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JerseyJames.

Yes, I was offered the first 2 services free. I believe the offer is 6000 miles or 1 yr, whichever comes sooner. I don't know whether I'll be able to put 6000 miles on the bike within the next yr. I'm sure going to have fun trying.

P.S. Thanks for the pipes advice. I'll check out the recommended site.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think that 2 services for free is on any of the new monsters, I have an '03 800 dark and I got a letter in the mail from Ducati N America about three weeks after I got the bike with the two service "coupons" that cover the initial service (600 mile) and then the 6000 mile service which includes the valve adjustment.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just bought a used M750 si for $5000 from Pro Italia in LA. It has been down but they replaced everything with new parts and is in great condition....Shop Around....I found it on the internet.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts