Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up to those of you thinking of buying a bike from Beaudry Motorsports..

Last month, I found a 2000 996 online that was for sale at Beaudry Motorsports. The guy I spoke with was cool and talked to me about the bike, telling me that the dealership had done all the service on the bike and that the bike was in excellent condition. After loking at the photos, I called and asked about what appeared to be a small mark on the swingarm. The guy said that it looked like someone my have bumped it on the wall pulling it into the garage, it doesn't appear to ever have gone down. I was also told that the bike had been given it's 18k service - there ad claimed, "Fresh service, ready to ride".

Well, upon delivery of the bike...here is the toll thus far...

Radiator cowling: broken in half
Front fender: broken and cracked
nose fairing: craked (they replaced)
tail section: gashed from crashing (They didn't show that side in the pics)
tires: shot, down past wear indicators
tank: scratched to $hit
motor: leaking oil in FOUR places
Water Pump: worn almost completely down from previous accident
18k service: never completed
Radiator: empty, two leaking hoses
Rear sprocket: tightened too tight, no c-clip in place, had to replace entire rear sprocket and hub assembly.
Rear drive: three of four pins sheared and have to be replaced
Brakes: all have to be replaced, rear needs new disk
Service: This bike had NEVER been in the dealership prior to being taken in as trade
I was also told the bike had FBF exhaust. Nope...Two Brothers.

So, moral of the story...don;t buy sight unseen. And, DON'T BUY FROM BREAUDRY MOTORSPORTS WITHOUT SEEING, RIDING, GETTING ALL THE SERVICE DOCS, WRITTEN PROOF THAT BIKE IS AS STATED!!!!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
What a piece! Where is this Beaudry place? Is it the Idaho dealer? Burn that place to the ground.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
You may call us for more information at 208-777-2453 or toll-free at 800-735-2407. Ask for Steve Beaudry. You may also e-mail Beaudry Motorsports.

[email protected] <[email protected]>

Beaudry Motorsports is a family business. It is part of a set of businesses owned by the Beaudry family which have served the Pacific Northwest area for over 35 years.

Beaudry Motorsports is the largest factory-authorized dealer of european motorcycles on the West Coast. Our mechanics are factory-trained on all the models that we carry.

We will help you with any of your sales, service and accessory needs. We cater to the true motorcycle enthusiast. The store is owned by enthusiasts/for enthusiasts.

Next time you travel through Coeur d'Alene, we encourage you to stop by and pay us a visit.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I copied the above info. from their lousy website. You must get after these people if what you stated is true, and I don't doubt you.

Go directly to this Steve Beaudry about it. Also, consult with a lawyer. Do it man. This is a complete wrong doing on their part.

I thought about emailing this thread to them but I won't get involve at this point. Handle it mate and do keep us posted.

Billy

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well...here's an update. Today, I received a check from Beaudry Motorsports - sent nine days ago..."Overnight"..

The check I was sent is for the 18k service I was told was performed and was later informed that in fact it had not been completed. ThGREAT news for all of you in their service area...the check I received for an 18k service on a 996 Ducati...$200.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That means you can get your 18k service from Beaudry Motorsports for $200.00. If you contact them and they dispute your contention that this service is only $200.00, please feel free to shoot me a PM and I will forward to you a written copy of the breakdonw from their General Manager explaining what the cost of the service is.

Man, isn' [thumbsup] [clap] :police:t that a GREAT deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I hate those people! I will never do business there, period!

I'm going to tell twenty of my friends never to do business there, and they will all tell twenty of their friends the same, who in turn will tell...

Get that lawyer involved now.

I know some hard pipe hittin', potato growin' skin heads up in that area. I'll have them stop by and straighten them out.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay fellas...here's my update,

First, check out the pics of my fine machine that Beaudry claimed was in EXCELLENT CONDITION and NEVER BEEN DOWN. They also claimed they had done all of the service on this bike. They did offer to take it back, only after I had new brakes, clutch, 18k service, new tires, mods and repairs done to the tune of $7800.00. And, that's my out of pocket!! But, hey...they'll pay for the shipping back!!! [thumbsup]

Okay, update..., I have been having trouble getting the bike titled. Ta Da!!! Lo and Behold..the bike has had a previous SALVAGE TITLE!!!!!!! ANd, when speaking with the owner, Steve Beaudry, he says, "You bought this bike AS IS!!!" I can not get them to produce any documentation to that effect. Because....I never agreed to that!!! I requested that all the trouble with this bike be remedied prior to shipping it. "This bike is perfect" is what I was told. Check the pics!! PERFECT!!! Well, looks like we're off to court, Salvage Title and all!!!!! Live and learn!!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
303andrewp said:
Okay fellas...here's my update,

First, check out the pics of my fine machine that Beaudry claimed was in EXCELLENT CONDITION and NEVER BEEN DOWN. They also claimed they had done all of the service on this bike. They did offer to take it back, only after I had new brakes, clutch, 18k service, new tires, mods and repairs done to the tune of $7800.00. And, that's my out of pocket!! But, hey...they'll pay for the shipping back!!! [thumbsup]

Okay, update..., I have been having trouble getting the bike titled. Ta Da!!! Lo and Behold..the bike has had a previous SALVAGE TITLE!!!!!!! ANd, when speaking with the owner, Steve Beaudry, he says, "You bought this bike AS IS!!!" I can not get them to produce any documentation to that effect. Because....I never agreed to that!!! I requested that all the trouble with this bike be remedied prior to shipping it. "This bike is perfect" is what I was told. Check the pics!! PERFECT!!! Well, looks like we're off to court, Salvage Title and all!!!!! Live and learn!!!!
It sounds like you got ripped! On the other hand you should have waited to get this sorted out before you dumped $7800. into it. Even though they were crooked I can understand that they do not want to reimburse you for repairs. I am sure this will all work out for you in court. Do not put anymore into this bike.

If that is perfect, I would hate to see one of their "average bikes". Please keep us updated.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Report these phukers to the BBB and Ducati NA.

Also... post this on ALL motorcycle boards you are on. I'll pass it on...

Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Time for some truth here on this issue.

The 2000 Ducati 996 that is in question does NOT have a salvage title. It was previously titled in Washington and they post the word Salvage clearly on the front if it actually is salvage. In fact, the previous lien holder for the prior customer is State Farm Bank and there policy is to never insure or finance a salvage vehicle. Also, a full inspection was done on the bike by the Kootenai County Sheriffs Department and an ISO check was done as well showing this vin never having even an insurance claim against it.

Also, several pieces were replaced at the expense of Beaudry Motorsports to make the customer happy with his purchase and his experience with Beaudry Motorsports and the customer stated in an email that with these items replaced, he would be happy and realizes he did buy a used 18K mile motorcycle. Beaudrys replaced the entire front fairing, the carbon front guard, and the water pump housing with gasket with NEW parts even though the bike is a used 2000 model. Then, since an oil change was previously done on the bike, Beaudrys paid the customer for the 4 hours of internal labor that would have completed the service on top of the service that was already done for what he was told was completed on the bike before delivery to him. Again, this is all heresay between the customer and the sales person but Beaudry Motorsports stood behind there product and paid the customer anyway.

At this time, with all the mods and extras including wheels etc that have been added to the bike, the customer should be happy with it and realize he did buy at a good deal and the issues at hand were taken care of. If the bike was in that bad of shape - would anyone in there right mind put $7800 into the bike with xtras etc??

As far as discussing this with Ducati Na, it has been done, and Beaudry Motorsports has been notified by Ducati Customer Service that this customer has been difficult to deal with on several other situations with Ducati dealerships in the area he lives and they advised Beaudry accordingly.

There are always multiple sides to each story and this one is no different.

You can personally contact the Beaudry Motorsports management team at 1-800-735-2407 with any questions you might have about this or any other deals on motorcycles.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Thanks for the posting. You are correct, there are two sides.

What really bothers me is Ducati NA has a list! I wonder if I am on it? If I am, they should tell me and I can go back to buying BMW's....

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay, last post for me about this.

First, the previous title is in fact a Salvage..."Rebuilt". I have a copy that the State of Colorado had gotten.

Next, let's tell the truth here...Beaudry replaced ONLY the front nose fairing!!!!!! But, you seem to be avoiding the point here... You said "Excellent Condition, never been down that we can see." Check the attached pics again!! Never been down??? Maybe these parts came like that from Ducati??? They could have been trying to shave weight from the bike, ya' think?!??!??!?

Your ad said, "Fresh 18k service, ready to ride." Yeah, ready to ride to the shop!!!!:) And, the oil was NOT changed!!!! This bike had likey not been serviced properly for some time!!!

I had purchased the mods prior to the delivery of this bike. I bought this bike from a dealership because I knew I was buying a 996, knew I wouldn't likely be seeing the bike in person, so I bought from a dealer expecting the bike to be as described. Guess I bought from the wrong dealer!?!?!? But, thanks for the $200.00 check - four hours of service...is your labor rate really just $50.00 per hour?? - for the 18k service, about $1300.00 short for this service!!!

And, finally...Ducati NA...yes, they know me. In particular, Tony Marino knows me well!!!! In fact, he knows me so well that he sent me a certificate for a complimentary 12k service on my 999 because the local dealer had my bike for FIVE WEEKS before they even decided to begin looking at it only to discover that the problem it sat for was a broken fan wire!!! So, I guess the complimentary 12k service was because I am such a difficult customer?!?!?!??!

Check the pics..."Excellent Condition"!!!!!!!

Oh, and check my one last post, after this one, to demonstrate just how difficult I am for Ducati NA!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My "Difficult Customer" pics

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts