Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my bike back from the dealer after an accident and I've noticed a burning rubber-ish smell when I rev at a stand-still. Everything should be the same as before the bike went into the shop except that now I've got new Termi exhausts. I originally had some unmarked round carbon exhaust and got the replaced w/ Termi's by the shop after an accident.

When I was checking for the source in the parking lot today I jumped off the bike right when I started smelling it and managed to catch a glimpse of some smoke/ steam coming from around the bottom of the engine by the pipe that goes from the headers to the exhaust. I say smoke/ steam because It was just starting to sprinkle and I'm not sure if it was smoke or steam from water drops. I didn't notice the smell after that smoke/ steam though and it was kinda white. Is this something I should look into more or do you think the smell will go away soon. It's only been 3 days since I got the bike back and I haven't really put a lot of miles on it since I've gotten it back.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
erkishhorde said:
managed to catch a glimpse of some smoke/ steam coming from around the bottom of the engine by the pipe that goes from the headers to the exhaust.
I had this too a couple weeks ago. It was right on the pipe for me that comes off the engine and down underneath. For me it looked like frown lines on the pipe and there was greyish smoke coming from it. Looked more like steamy smoke. I had just gotten done putting spraywax on my belly pan and figured it was from that. Havent smelled it or seen it since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts