Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started this thread to get as much information as possible on BST Carbon Fiber Wheels from people who have them. I'm thinking of getting a set as are a few others and it would be nice to hear from short and long term owners on the product all in one post without any bias.

Good or Bad post your experiences.

Thanx....

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I've never owned them, but I've mounted tires on them and tested on a couple of bikes. Wonderful wheels, I can't say enough good things about them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you're not using them for racing - you'll love them. The bike will turn in much more quickly and will flick side to side much easier.

·
Registered
105 Posts
For 2 reasons:

1. They may not hold up well in a crash. Most aluminum or magnesium wheels can be straightened, but the carbon fiber wheels (once damaged/cracked/etc.) will have to be replace. You'll also have to check with your race organizations rules to see if they allow carbon fiber wheels.

2. Overall, they will wear more quickly (in my opinion) than metal wheels - frequent tire changes and racing stress fatigue. The cost to replace them would be much more expensive.

However, if cash is no object...happy racing. You should definitely feel the difference in less unsprung weight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts