Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is nearing that time of year... It got me to thinking about all the gifts received over the years and the ones that I remember best. I'm talking good memories here, made you cry kind of memories.

Christmas 2001 was spending all day in a ambulance working for AMR. I worked my normal day shift and then had to work a recall night shift from 6 PM to 6 AM.

I allways cook the holiday meals and this year the plan was for me to come home, sleep some, and then drive over the hill to San Jose for Christmas with friends. I was all depressed because I would not have a turkey of my own. turkey is the holiday for me.

My partner Laura had never cooked a turkey because I always did. I came home at about 0640 after working almost 24 hours and driving over hi-way 17.

As I walked to the door I could smell something great. I opened the door and knew it was TURKEY.

She had gotten up at the crack of of dawn and figured out how to cook a 14 pound turkey just for me. I did not have to share it with anyone.

I cried. Best gift ever.

Mary

·
Registered
769 Posts
thanks for sharing this [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
I agree, I love turkey and laying around while someone else makes it. [laugh]

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of you must have a good gift story to tell. What about gifts we buy for ourselves? This year I am getting a unicycle!

Mary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts