Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
I like the chrome exhaust with the silver cow stomach. I wonder if something like that could be done with my s4r?

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
You wont find a jap bike looking like that....

The italians sure do have a taste for style and fashion....

·
Registered
221 Posts
yes, yes, yes. Looks so much better than the stock light. Where can I get one?

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, now you are talking, the MV Brutale head lamp would look great on the Monster. In a Swedish bik mag this month there is an interview with Massimo Tamburini and some fantastic photos of the MV Brutale. The man is now 60 years old (young) and still King. If he only had stayed with Ducati. The Americans and the TPG has a lot to answer for.

An update of the Monster design is due any year now, let us hope that they this time understand that is has to be an evolution and not a revolution.

For the Monster I am still waiting for Ducati to make a new handlebare fairing with twin round side by side headlamps with better wind protection and a touring seat for two. Perhaps one day they will listen.

Slim

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I wanterd to do this A LONG time ago, but when I asked around there were NO parts for the Brutale, hell, there weren't even any BRUTALES!

I talked to Stuart at SPARESHACK about it, at the time he had a hookup. So perhaps your best bet is to ask him. www.spareshack.com

As an alternative, and probably MUCH cheaper, the new Honda naked bike..the 559 or whatever has a "trick" round headlight, I think I'm going to that route..I'll see if I can dig up a picture.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Slim, get an aftermarket seat and you will have a MUCH better passenger seat. In fact, every single person who has ever sat on the back on my Monster since I got a Corbin has said it's the most comfortable seat they've ever been on except for cruisers with their pillow seats. Personally, I don't want a windscreen on a naked bike, so can't help you there...

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
i wqonder how much that headlight is ??? anyone want to call the dealer ?

I know munroe can get them in SF

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Bloodshot

Thanks for the information on the Corbin seat. I have looked at it on their site, but so far I have not had any information from a user. Seems my seat problem is solved. Only the windscreen left then. The hard luggage I will get for the next season. At present I got 3 feet of snow in my garden, but in a few month time I will be on the road again.

Slim

·
Registered
735 Posts
Another option would be the HD V-Rod headlight. It has the swept back look of the Brutale unit but isn't as stylish. That unit could probably be had for under $200

·
Registered
216 Posts
Slim,

I know spareshack.com has a twin round headlight set for like $175 USD...I am still debating about getting it, and probably will shortly, b/c I think it looks much better...u should check it out...I kno a bunch of ppl have them too...I think Strati has them on his monster...he was the December Monster last year

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
I don't like that twin headlight look. I think it looks like the Buell..CRAP!!

I have looked at Acerbis and they have some funky chrome lights that lok like a mask. Hmmm? Maybe.

Thanks for the info on the Vrod light. I don't think I'll go there either.

I guess I'm S.O.L. since MIKEF4UK informed me of the waiting list for parts! Unless I buy the whole Brutale bike?! ;) There's an idea!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts